Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-07-07, 17:49)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about doing genres like this:
When a genre is selected you will get an overview of albums like post #915 (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2045233).
Then you could select the album you want to see the details of.

That looks really good!
(2015-07-07, 17:09)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@meridius another idea could be that when you click on a song it expands and give you more options. like "Play this song", "Enqueue this song", "play album, starting from this song" all this options is actually in xbmc commander. Its actually very smart way to do it and very clean.

Hi

The best person to ask is Richard if he can programme in the new features I can then design it in. I was lucky that Richard could do the cdart as I designed that in first. There's been a couple of times where I added things that can not be done and had to be removed from the design

If you ask Richard for features and he says yes then I will design it in. But if i post images and you have suggestions I will still add them if Richard can do it.
(2015-07-07, 17:49)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about doing genres like this:
When a genre is selected you will get an overview of albums like post #915 (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2045233).

I like that

When do you need the new power buttons for as I don't know when your going to release the next version? Tried working on one this morning but don't have a lot of time through the week

I thought the TV view was complex that's nothing compared to all the options of music view lol.
(2015-07-07, 17:51)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 17:43)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 17:06)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw right now that it displays codec, bit rate and sample rate when you click on the album cover.

Could you then make a screen shot and post it? Just want to make sure we are talking about the same.
This is first time I upload image Smile I hope this works!

Ah, now I see what you mean. This is the information of the current playing mp3, not of all mp3's. You can't get information via the api.
But did some research and I managed to get the same info too...

"MusicPlayer.BitRate" = 320;
"MusicPlayer.Codec" = mp3;
"MusicPlayer.SampleRate" = "44.1";

And I am also learning Big Grin...other interesting stuff:
"System.FPS" = "23.98";
"VideoPlayer.VideoAspect" = "2.40";
"VideoPlayer.VideoCodec" = h264;
"VideoPlayer.VideoResolution" = 1080;
(2015-07-07, 18:56)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 17:51)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 17:43)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]Could you then make a screen shot and post it? Just want to make sure we are talking about the same.
This is first time I upload image Smile I hope this works!

Ah, now I see what you mean. This is the information of the current playing mp3, not of all mp3's. You can't get information via the api.

"System.FPS" = "23.98";

Smile This is great stuff! If you like it, don't hesitate to add it Smile
(2015-07-07, 18:46)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]

I like that

When do you need the new power buttons for as I don't know when your going to release the next version? Tried working on one this morning but don't have a lot of time through the week

I thought the TV view was complex that's nothing compared to all the options of music view lol.

There's still some time for before the music things are done. There's also the possibility to put it in the next update.
I have to admit the more I am diving into the music thing (I mainly use it for movies and series) I get more and more enthusiastic. Still know some nice things to do Big Grin
As suggested here maybe it's better to release smaller updates and more often.
(2015-07-07, 18:58)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 18:56)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, now I see what you mean. This is the information of the current playing mp3, not of all mp3's. You can't get information via the api.

"System.FPS" = "23.98";

Smile This is great stuff! If you like it, don't hesitate to add it Smile

I think this kind of info belongs in the remote control view since it's info about the current playing item.
Interesting maybe when you select a movie or TV show on the view of the iPad it displays if it's 1080p hd or not. Another bit of info lol.

Might be able to design the three bits of music info into the track list view. I will have a look might even have logos for the top 5 most used encoders like MP3 flac and aac and so on
I'm trying to add Label records for each album that I have. for example

<album>
<label>XL Recordings</label>
</album>

But I don't understand how it should be if there is multiple labels, should it be like this?
<album>
<label>XL Recordings[CR]MCA</label>
</album>
In some skins there is logo for each label records but the problem is that it search for exact match.

EDIT: Will you be able to display it if there is a [CR]?
(2015-07-07, 19:22)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting maybe when you select a movie or TV show on the view of the iPad it displays if it's 1080p hd or not. Another bit of info lol.

Might be able to design the three bits of music info into the track list view. I will have a look might even have logos for the top 5 most used encoders like MP3 flac and aac and so on

For the music that information is not known upfront. Only of the current playing mp3.
(2015-07-07, 19:22)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting maybe when you select a movie or TV show on the view of the iPad it displays if it's 1080p hd or not. Another bit of info lol.

there is totally 21 codecs that kodi supports! Smile

aac
ac3
cook
dca
dolbydigital
dolbyprologic
dolbytruehd
dts
dtshd_hra
dtshd_ma
dtshdma
dtsma
eac3
flac
mp1
mp2
mp3
mp4v
mp42
mp43
mpeag audio
pcm
pcm_s16be
pcm_s16le
pcm_s24le
pcm_u8
truehd
vc-1
wma
wma2
wma3
wmapro
wmav2
vorbis

Bolds = I think these are for music files...
(2015-07-07, 19:22)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to add Label records for each album that I have. for example

<album>
</album>

But I don't understand how it should be if there is multiple labels, should it be like this?
<album>
</album>
In some skins there is logo for each label records but the problem is that it search for exact match.

I am getting that info from Kodi, not via the xml. Just check how Kodi it is displaying in the album information screen.
(2015-07-07, 19:29)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 19:22)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to add Label records for each album that I have. for example

<album>
</album>

<album>
</album>

I am getting that info from Kodi, not via the xml. Just check how Kodi it is displaying in the album information screen.

Oh I'm sorry you are right about that! When I have [CR] kodi displays it like this:
XL Recordings
MCA
what about this star rating ? 5 star or 10 star in the track list
(2015-07-07, 19:36)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]what about this star rating ? 5 star or 10 star in the track list

10 stars was good actually! its easier to rate then! Just wonder if the rating could also be i.e 5,5?