Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks for the codec info list

ok 10 stars it is also that would be a half star coloured for 0.5 of a rating

heres a quick test for codec info for the albums what you think ? its just quick

(2015-07-07, 19:49)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the codec info list

ok 10 stars it is also that would be a half star coloured for 0.5 of a rating

heres a quick test for codec info for the albums what you think ? its just quick

I don't know, it doesn't feel so good! It seems that its been forced to be there. Maybe as Richard said! Its better to have it in the remote view or if you and Richard decide to have all these info within the album cover when you click on it, as the picture I sent in a earlier post from official remote kodi
@meridius, please check post #985.

An album doesn't have that property, only mp3's have. And actually of only the playing mp3 I can ask Kodi for those kind of properties.
The album itself is a collection of music files. I think you can have different type of music files in an album, so track 1 is an mp3, track 2 a flac file, etc.

Maybe it's better to retrieve that info another way, not via Kodi. But first I need to do some research on that.

I would suggest to leave that info here for now and move it to the remote control view. I know for sure that there that kind of info is available (I have tested it :-))
@meridius

I'm sorry there are more specific musiccodec
aac
ac3
aif
aifc
aiff
ape
avs
cdda
dts
flac
m4a
mlp
mp2
mp3
mpc
ogg
ra
shn
wav
wma
wv

All these are for music files that kodi are able to play
And, forgot to say...a song in Kodi can only have 5 stars as a rating...go to song information In Kodi and you will see.

And album too:

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music
(2015-07-07, 20:55)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]And, forgot to say...a song in Kodi can only have 5 stars as a rating...go to song information In Kodi and you will see.

And album too:

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music

Oh thanks for the info! Do you know if it can be 4,5 or 4,9 etc?
The Kodi interface only allows the values 1,2,3,4 or 5 stars. You can check for yourself.
4,5 or 4,9 is not possible.
Thanks again! Good to know this! Well then merdius need to change back to 5 stars
(2015-07-07, 20:49)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]@meridius, please check post #985.

An album doesn't have that property, only mp3's have. And actually of only the playing mp3 I can ask Kodi for those kind of properties.
The album itself is a collection of music files. I think you can have different type of music files in an album, so track 1 is an mp3, track 2 a flac file, etc.

Maybe it's better to retrieve that info another way, not via Kodi. But first I need to do some research on that.

I would suggest to leave that info here for now and move it to the remote control view. I know for sure that there that kind of info is available (I have tested it :-))

Hi

Thanks for the input but say you have no music playing you select the album and see the track list view but because there's no music playing there would be no codec info but soon as you start a song the codec info would display on the track list view eg MP3 and when the next song plays say it's an flac song it would display that but if the song stops or album finishes the codec would disappear from the track list view untill the next song was played or selected by the user

Would that work ?

Thanks
(2015-07-07, 21:05)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]The Kodi interface only allows the values 1,2,3,4 or 5 stars. You can check for yourself.
4,5 or 4,9 is not possible.

Thanks for that

So there will be one star and the number rating in the info box and in the track list there would be a 5 star rating of stars for the user to rate. Is that ok.
@merdius

this is what I meant by having a expanded list when clicking on one song. This means that your list view need to get expanded when you want to play a song and then collapse when you have clicked.

thanks will see what I can do.
(2015-07-07, 21:08)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi

Thanks for the input but say you have no music playing you select the album and see the track list view but because there's no music playing there would be no codec info but soon as you start a song the codec info would display on the track list view eg MP3 and when the next song plays say it's an flac song it would display that but if the song stops or album finishes the codec would disappear from the track list view untill the next song was played or selected by the user

Would that work ?

Thanks

That would work yes. My question: is it useful? As a user I would ask myself why doesn't the info appear next to the other tracks from that album.
@rschiks

btw, regarding the cdart.png you could always fallback on a default cdart when no cdart are founded in the specific album folder! Like a blank cd or something like that.
(2015-07-07, 22:06)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-07, 21:08)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi

Would that work ?

Thanks

That would work yes. My question: is it useful? As a user I would ask myself why doesn't the info appear next to the other tracks from that album.
rschiks, I agree with you! I believe as you already mentioned, this info is more relevant in a remote view where it points on a single song