Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-11, 10:21)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]Same here. About 20 channels and 3 days of epg data.

This weekend I will try some other options. Now I am getting the channels first and the epg data seperately. Since Kodi it's possible to get the epg data in the same request. I have no idea if the results are the same (maybe it's less epg data).
I also have some idea's about creating the view for the screen differently. Maybe in some scenario's it's too big for the device to handle, which explains the unresponsiveness.

Could you check if the option in the Live TV settings called 'Do not store the EPG data in the database' is unchecked?
(2015-02-11, 10:32)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 10:21)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]Same here. About 20 channels and 3 days of epg data.

This weekend I will try some other options. Now I am getting the channels first and the epg data seperately. Since Kodi it's possible to get the epg data in the same request. I have no idea if the results are the same (maybe it's less epg data).
I also have some idea's about creating the view for the screen differently. Maybe in some scenario's it's too big for the device to handle, which explains the unresponsiveness.

Could you check if the option in the Live TV settings called 'Do not store the EPG data in the database' is unchecked?

This is unchecked in my setup.
Ok, this weekend I will look into this.
(2015-02-10, 20:51)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rschiks,

Thanks for the beta.
Having issues using Live TV. It loads for ages and then when it show the EPG data the app is unresponsive even the iPad mini (8.1.3) is slow. I have to close the app.
How can I send you the necessary logs?

I am using KODI 14.1 with the Argus TV server v2.3 as backend.

I am not able to reproduce your issues. I have tried both xbmc v13 en the latest kodi v14.1. When started the Live TV option within 2 seconds I have all data collected and is the timeline displayed. The scrolling is very fast (iPad Air, also with the latest iOS version).
The back-end I am using is NextPVR.

It's very strange that in your situation collecting the data takes ages.
Should I submit the current version to Apple as it is? Or am I still missing very very very important things?
Of course it won't stop here...still some great things to add for new versions...

And as I said before I will be available for free!
Hi there,
maybe the BluRay playbackthing from my list would be great.
its a bit cumbersome to start a BluRay within xbmc and than switch to your controllcenter
just my 2 cents
(2015-02-13, 19:02)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
maybe the BluRay playbackthing from my list would be great.
its a bit cumbersome to start a BluRay within xbmc and than switch to your controllcenter
just my 2 cents

Is there an app which is doing this correctly? (I then can compare it). They way I see it now is the normal play command doesn't support this. You can however play a file directly, e.g. index.bdmv. So I should detect if it's a bluray...get the path...and play the index file.
Hi there,
if you go for index.bdmv you will have this problem that the menue will be played (and fails doing that).
point is either to display the same menue like kodi does (choose between main movie & BR menue) or play the main movie directly.
xbmc touch is an example (but sometimes fails on certain movies, no idea why) and other but i am not sure about the name (xbmc commander or similar).
getting the file for the movie is quite tricky (as you may know).
if worse came to worse i rather would say that in case of a bluray, mayby let kodu jump to the movie details (or line) and the user can do the rest with remote control (up-down- & enter)
best Regards
Ok, clear. I will first get some blu-rays to test with.
(2015-02-13, 13:10)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]It's very strange that in your situation collecting the data takes ages.

It's not just that. After I finally get the EPG data the APP and iPAD is no longer responding normally.
Is there any way I can collect you some useful debug data of the app?
(2015-02-15, 21:27)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13, 13:10)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]It's very strange that in your situation collecting the data takes ages.

It's not just that. After I finally get the EPG data the APP and iPAD is no longer responding normally.
Is there any way I can collect you some useful debug data of the app?

At the moment I have not added additional logging to the app :-(

I have read several posts about kodi and epg data taking too long. It's probably an issue with the add-on and the back-end. Maybe a strange thing to say, but I will wait until more people have the app, so I can try to find a possible pattern. From the other testers (just a small group) I have for this app I haven't heard about this specific issue. The test group is now just too small. I have already submitted the app to Apple. Hopefully it will be approved very soon.
Because I have to wait for the approval by Apple of the app anyway, I have decided to work a little bit on the next version.
I have been playing around with streaming a movie from kodi directly on the iPad. After lot's of hours playing around I have already managed the following:

It's a start. Even the subtitles are working!

This weekend I will continue to work on it...
A small demo taken from the simulator with an iPhone (so sorry about the quality):

I have been following the development of this app. I would like to congratulate our dev! Because I see this working according to requests community!
   02 requests:
01 - you could add the ability to play movies and theme music series to navigate them?
  02 - What posssibilidade his work integrated with MediaBrowser library?
Richard Schiks,

Another application would be to get the recordings that were made from the TV. It would be possible to pull the backend recordings.