Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-22, 11:46)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 11:35)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]btw, rschiks I was looking at the trello todo list and I wonder if you could have a sign with done/complete so that we can follow your work

I have added a version 1.7 list and moved the finished items to it.

Great, I love it Smile This 1.7 will help me to sort my collection. I hope it will be out soon so that I can start to correct all my musics and videos...
(2015-08-22, 16:42)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 11:46)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 11:35)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]btw, rschiks I was looking at the trello todo list and I wonder if you could have a sign with done/complete so that we can follow your work

I have added a version 1.7 list and moved the finished items to it.

Great, I love it Smile This 1.7 will help me to sort my collection. I hope it will be out soon so that I can start to correct all my musics and videos...

You could already do that...the updates to the current music view and the new remote control view in version 1.7 should not make a difference for that.
Hi Rischard,
i turned on the local chache in generic settings but it does not make any difference.
Same timinings.
is there anything else that i can do to speed up the process?
sorry, but it really hurts to wait over a minute to get the movie list :-)
XBMC Touch is still the favorite for the other person in the household based on the higher waf
Best Regards
(2015-08-22, 17:31)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 16:42)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 11:46)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I have added a version 1.7 list and moved the finished items to it.

You could already do that...the updates to the current music view and the new remote control view in version 1.7 should not make a difference for that.

I Know Smile I just want to have something good to wait for *LOL*
(2015-08-22, 17:37)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rischard,
i turned on the local chache in generic settings but it does not make any difference.
Same timinings.
is there anything else that i can do to speed up the process?
sorry, but it really hurts to wait over a minute to get the movie list :-)
XBMC Touch is still the favorite for the other person in the household based on the higher waf
Best Regards

I mean the offline cache. So switch this on....go to your movies so it will save it to local storage...quit the app...turn off your Kodi machine...start the app and go to movies. It should now use the offline cache.
(2015-08-22, 17:40)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 17:31)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 16:42)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Great, I love it Smile This 1.7 will help me to sort my collection. I hope it will be out soon so that I can start to correct all my musics and videos...

you have

Richards programing the new theme in now but I have changed some things in the new design which i have not shared on here, there was just something about wasted space and wanted to make the most of the screen and it looks a lot better,

a few things have changed, I have been on it all day just changing littlie things and then back again as it was not working but I have cracked it and its final. I got about 20% extra space back on the screen

this will set the template for all other views.
Hi Richard,
sorry a misunderstanding.
the offline loading of movies takes 15 secounds (4 times faster)
i was also wondering how the other app can be so fast and not displaying cached content ( i checked that by changing movies, remove and rename them within kodi)
My asumption here is that they retrieve only a first subset of 50 or 100 and than load the rest in the background, would that be a possible explanation why we see these differences in loading time?
Best Regards
(2015-08-22, 17:45)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 17:40)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 17:31)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]You could already do that...the updates to the current music view and the new remote control view in version 1.7 should not make a difference for that.

you have

Richards programing the new theme in now but I have changed some things in the new design which i have not shared on here, there was just something about wasted space and wanted to make the most of the screen and it looks a lot better,

a few things have changed, I have been on it all day just changing littlie things and then back again as it was not working but I have cracked it and its final. I got about 20% extra space back on the screen

this will set the template for all other views.

Please share it with us Smile
ok Richard said might as well show it to see what you think

please download the image and save it on the ipad to view to get the best results

1. there are now two buttons at the top one for time and the other for your volume control, looks better with one slider and more room for your finger.
2. bottom buttons smaller in Hight and new design bar
3. wider info bar to fit more text
4. extra highlights for better image separation.

jhope you like
(2015-08-22, 18:02)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard,
sorry a misunderstanding.
the offline loading of movies takes 15 secounds (4 times faster)
i was also wondering how the other app can be so fast and not displaying cached content ( i checked that by changing movies, remove and rename them within kodi)
My asumption here is that they retrieve only a first subset of 50 or 100 and than load the rest in the background, would that be a possible explanation why we see these differences in loading time?
Best Regards

There are several options:
- don't retrieve all the information for the movies (just title and poster for example).
- like you said, get the first 100 movies and get the others in the background.

If in your situation the offline loading takes 15 seconds, I can't do a lot faster.
With the next version I will add the setting to increase the batch size. The other thing I can do is strip some information. The amount of data returned will be less.
But like I have said earlier: I retrieve it for a purpose.
(2015-08-22, 18:44)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]ok Richard said might as well show it to see what you think

please download the image and save it on the ipad to view to get the best results

1. there are now two buttons at the top one for time and the other for your volume control, looks better with one slider and more room for your finger.
2. bottom buttons smaller in Hight and new design bar
3. wider info bar to fit more text
4. extra highlights for better image separation.

jhope you like

Very impressive guys! I like the idea to switch between volume and timeline...

btw, Richard I know that AM/PM is a good way to show the clock but would you also consider to add 24h Clock option? Smile
@meridius I forgot to say! I loved it! I can see that you both have worked hard on this...
I also like the 24h clock better, so yes...:-)
(2015-08-22, 19:12)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I also like the 24h clock better, so yes...:-)

Thanks a lot! Smile

@meridius Soo if I have understand correctly there will also be more space for the posters? Any chance to illustrate that also with this new look?
(2015-08-22, 19:34)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-22, 19:12)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I also like the 24h clock better, so yes...:-)

Thanks a lot! Smile

@meridius Soo if I have understand correctly there will also be more space for the posters? Any chance to illustrate that also with this new look?

I will try if I get time as I have to give Richard all the new data for the new newer design. Most of it is location data but Richards been at the other theme I did so it should be not to bad for him. I hope.

The reason for the am/pm clock was to fill it out more to make it more balanced. But like Richard said a option for both would be fine.

This is the last time I am changing anything as I don't want to mess Richard around. Once this view is done everything will be based around it. The only thing that will be different is colours.

1. Gold as now
2. Blue
3. Purple.
4. Green
5. Orange

But that can change.