Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I stop Windowed mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For Gotham and rooted FTV:

Under Video Output settings, it shows Windowed (and 1920x1080) and won't let me change it. I want to change it. It just skips over those lines so I can't do anything to them.

What can I do about this, change something in FTV settings?

Override this in advancedsettings.xml?
could you provide a screenshot please?
Press the backslash on the keyboard. If the FTV doesn't have a keyboard attached I don't know what the command would be to switch between windowed and full screen. It might be worth borrowint a keyboard if you don't have one.
(2014-11-10, 10:29)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]could you provide a screenshot please?

Yes, here it is, greyed out at the top.
http://i.imgur.com/oXMaB5j.png

To be honest I don't understand what I'm looking at. I just wanted to not use "windowed" because I read it makes performance a little worse.

I was able to disable that option underneath the resolution, as you can see. I thought it was funny that I could not choose the top one.

I do have a keyboard and from that settings page, I pressed backslash. It brought up a bunch of smaller windows, similar to alt+tab on windows. I don't know what that is for.
You don't have to worry about it being a performance issue on Android. I think there's just the one mode on Android, anyways.
(2014-11-12, 01:36)EyeCandy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-10, 10:29)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]could you provide a screenshot please?

Yes, here it is, greyed out at the top.
http://i.imgur.com/oXMaB5j.png

To be honest I don't understand what I'm looking at. I just wanted to not use "windowed" because I read it makes performance a little worse.

I was able to disable that option underneath the resolution, as you can see. I thought it was funny that I could not choose the top one.

I do have a keyboard and from that settings page, I pressed backslash. It brought up a bunch of smaller windows, similar to alt+tab on windows. I don't know what that is for.
Android handles full screen apps as windows with fullscreen dimensions.. That is normal on almost all android based boxes.
Thanks!