Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS/WAV passthrough Amazon TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Could someone help me set Gotham version of XBMC final release to passthorugh AUdio DTS/WAV files to decode on amplituner rather than passing PCM signal?

I did change default player for DVD player by editing playercorefactory.xml and adding DTS/WAV line in advancedsetting.xml but it still doesn't recognize DTS WAV and plays them in stereo.

In movies decoding works fine. I have Passthrough option checked in XBMC settings. I am using Aeon Nox skin if that matters.

I've checked forums and tried few different things but still no results.

Thanks
Anyone has got any idea?

I did try lots of different things but with no results. I tried AC3, DTS and WAV files with different khz etc. None of them worked.
In the end I checked an option to transcode sound into Dolby Digital and that works but that's not really what I am after.

I would need to passthrough the original sound as it is into my Onkyo amplituner so it could decode it as DTS.

Maybe someone had similar problem and find a way. I would be happy to use external player even if that would help. Or maybe there is some addon which could handle DTS?

Please let me know if you have some ideas.

Thanks
Got a sample file to test?
I have whole albums in DTS, however as a samples for test I've used this website:
http://www.diatonis.com/surround_sound_music.html

I tried nearly every single file form this website without success.