Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Subtitle error - some lines display as squares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I'm using an xbmc installation on a raspberry pi platform. The error I detail below happened to me both on raspbmc and on xbian installations (I tried a new clean install just in case).
On certain subtitles (.srt format) sometimes they get garbled and don't the whole line doesn't display properly on screen but instead weird squares of varying sizes approximately to the font appear in each fonts' place. Sometimes stopping video playback and restarting it fixes the error, at other times it doesn't.
It happens both on greek subtitles (my native language) - where I've used the Greek Windows encoding and on english ones.
I've tried installing new fonts from my windows computer (even used the huge 22mb arialuni.ttf) changed the size and the format, but to no avail; the problem persists.
I've googled searched for days but didn't find any solution so far.
Is this a known bug? is there a known fix?

Any help would be appreciated, even if you just pointed me to another thread which I might have missed.

Thanks in advance
Might be due to running out of gpu memory. Is this a 256M or 512M Pi?
Can you try increasing gpu_mem in config.txt?
I have the 512 Pi. Increased the gpu memory size to 256. Hope this fixes it. Thanks.

EDIT: Problem seems to have been fixed now. Thanks a lot!