Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Path substitution question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently run XBMC on a multiple linux systems, and when I went to a shared MySQL database I merely mounted the video shares and used a softlink to make the paths look identical across all systems.

So for instance, in my sources.xml file I have the following:
Code:
<source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/pub/media/video/Television/Animated/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">/pub/media/video/Television/Comedy/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">/pub/media/video/Television/Drama/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">/pub/media/video/Television/Sci-Fi/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>

On client systems I mount smb://192.168.0.202/Public on /mnt/Public and then make a softlink so /pub -> /mnt/Public. Everything seems to work just fine like this.

Now I would like to use a Nexus Player with XBMC. So I figure this old method won't work at all. I see two ways to fix this:
1. Edit the sql database and replace every occurrence of /pub/media with smb://192.168.0.202/Public/media
2. Use path substitution in advancesettings.xml

I'm not clear on how the path substitution is done. I'm not sure which part goes in from and which part goes in to, and whether I have to do this for every source or whether it would do a global substitution for /pub/media with just one command. I've also never messed with the special paths, but it looks like I need to address that too.

I'd appreciate any advice and/or assistance anyone can provide with this.
I think you just need one, like this:

to: smb://192.168.0.202/Public/media/
Thanks, I'll give that a try later. I was hoping it would work that way.