Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyway to migrate sources when updating to latest version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, sorry if this has been answered before but I have a lot of different sources and I would like to know if there is a file I can overwrite from old version to new version to keep my sources.
Also should I enable XBMC Frodo Tabs under Files and Sources?
Thanks
All sorces are saved in the Ember database. Check your Settings folder: if there a file like "MyVideos#.emm", you can use the database whit all new betas. You have to create a new databse if you have a .emm file without number or with another filename.
(2014-11-11, 10:23)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]All sources are saved in the Ember database. Check your Settings folder: if there a file like "MyVideos#.emm", you can use the database whith all new betas. You have to create a new database if you have a .emm file without number or with another filename.
I have not one, but two .emm files in c:\EmberMediaManager BETA\Profiles\Default.
Is this OK?
(2017-08-14, 14:09)pstrg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-11, 10:23)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]All sources are saved in the Ember database. Check your Settings folder: if there a file like "MyVideos#.emm", you can use the database whith all new betas. You have to create a new database if you have a .emm file without number or with another filename.
I have not one, but two .emm files in c:\EmberMediaManager BETA\Profiles\Default.
Is this OK?

Yes. The "Settings" folder exists only in Ember 1.4.7.x and older versions. Since 1.4.8.x all settings are stored in the profiles folders.