Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Helix 14.0 b2 addon install problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was installing a skin addon that had a number of "imports" of other addons (and a couple of these needed imports of their own). Everything was proceeding until it hit this:

Code:
<import addon="service.subtitles.opensubtitles" version="5.0.1"/>

My log shows this

Code:
CurlFile::Open(12D9B490) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/service.subtitles.opensubtitles-5.0.10.zip.md5

which "404"ed. So I looked into the mirrors site (don't know what IP addr I am on) but in the service.subtitles.opensubtitles dir I see that service.subtitles.opensubtitles-5.0.10.zip is missing (5.0.9 is there and 5.0.11 is, but not 10), but the xbmc/addons/gotham/addons.xml is referencing

Code:
<addon id="service.subtitles.opensubtitles" name="OpenSubtitles.org" provider-name="amet" version="5.0.10">

So OK, that's why it 404ed. But in Helix I didn't see anything, after a while in the addon list the label "Currently downloading addons" popped up (by the time it did I think all the downloading was actually done). There wasn't any indication that installing the addon failed, nor did the install of the skin finish.

I think there needs to be some timeout on addon install from the xbmc repo (or maybe I didn't wait long enough)? Also the "Currently downloading addons" info is nice, but needs to be triggered sooner if it is going to be useful.

(As an aside, there is also now in Helix a "check for updates" button but if you click it and there aren't any available updates you don't get any feedback, other than the time of last check is updated.)

scott s.