Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tv show helo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi is there a way that I can set tv show files I have to show up in the tv show section without using a scraper ?As the scrapers do not have this show and I dont want to have to create custom nfo.
Yes...create your own nfo-files....

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Create_a...mmended.29
But how can I do that when This tv show has 26 seasons and dvd extras contained.
Can I not just have 1 nfo file for the entire collection?
Depends on how you rip your files.....

If you have a single file for each episode you need one nfo for the show and one nfo for each episode. So a bit hard work. But it is very rare that a tv show cant be scraped because it is missing completely on tvdb. Must be a very rare show.

If you rip the complete disc with multiple episodes i think you can do one nfo for the episodes one this disc. But i dont know for sure how to create the nfo for this, because i have always single files for each episode...and they all can be scraped.

Maybe you can use some progs like ember as well for creating individual nfo. Dont know for sure

What tv show is it if i might ask?
It's doctor who,so not rare but because I have all the extras it just buggers the scraping up and tvdb won't read it correctly.
To create separate nfo's for each file would take forever so may just have to give it a miss unfortunately.
Dr Who exits on thetvdb.com

So you have to do a proper naming. There is also a "Dr Who (2005)" tv show present on this site. Did you set the correct scraper and did you follow the naming wiki....there is a section for "specials", too. Look at point 2.4 from this link...or read this wiki carefully and follow the instructions.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

Could you please provide your exact folder structure and how you name the files? That might help a lot to get this solved...

You can provide a Debug Log as well (with debug logging enabled) after you try to scrape them, so we can see why the show isnt scraped correctly

Greetings
Is there not a way to just add them to tv shows without scraping and using nfos ?
No there is not. Do it properly, take advice! It's what you came here for isn't it?

filebot is very good at renaming.
Hiya

I have an extensive dr who collection, and successfully scrape the tvdb.com weekly.

For the older classic series name The File : Doctor Who S03E01, would get scraped as the William Hartnell
doctor episode Four Hundred Dawns

For the recent reboot name the file as : Doctor Who 2005 S08E04, would scrape as the latest Peter Capaldi
doctor episode Listen.

Specials/Extras/Confidentials/Trailers would use the same format but using the S00EXXX format, you can
always check the episode number by searching on thetvdb.com, remembering classic series is Doctor Who
and recent (after 2005) series is Doctor Who 2005

I would also use a folder structure as follows

Doctor Who
Series 1
Files
Series 2
Files
Series 3
Doctor Who S03E01 Four Hundred Dawns.avi
Specials
Files...

Doctor Who 2005