Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ideas Regarding Profiles & Splitting Media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My media is all stored on a NAS. I have one folder called 'TV Shows' with subfolders for each show, and another folder called 'Movies' with each movie in it's own folder.

I have a 3 year old daughter, and we obviously have suitable programming for her to watch, but now she's learning how to use the remote and navigate around XBMC herself, I'd obviously like to prevent her watching Hellraiser, or True Blood or anything else not of her age.

I've looked at profiles, but these seem to work best with seperate sources, so I've also looked at setting up shares on my NAS with the view to moving all her stuff to (for example) 'TV Shows (Kids)' and 'Movies (Kids)' or something similar. I then thought about possibly splitting my movies into folders with the appropriate BBFC certification (having said that, my media has the american certifications showing in XBMC...not sure how to amend that...seperate issue).

Thing is, there a lots of options and I'm a little undecided about the best way to go, and I'm wondering what other people have done to keep their kids away from Pinhead and Freddy Krueger.