Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Data Issues..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying again as i Answered someones Question about my repo's and the POST was binned....Sorry about that (new to posting on this forum) but if i can get some help will appreciate.

Hi Everyone.
After a little advice please , I have been using XBMC/Kodi since April and have had luckily little issues/problems with the program.
I use an Mx box i purchased then install my own Kodi, I have done a few boxes for family and friends (I have 3 in my home) but the latest one i have done it to all of a sudden stopped working and the addons went blank.
The program would load up as a new installation each time i started it, I did then notice a circle top right of my home screen this is the symbol to say that space was running low.
I checked my apps and data and Kodi was 4.8GB of data, checking all my other boxes they are all around 2GB and running smooth so the problem seems to be that data is building up after only a week of use. After deleting the data it worked again and i had to reinstall the Repo's obviously.
So my question is have i done something wrong on my set up (maybe Kodi is a little different to xbmc as i install the same Repo's each time) or could it be a setting of the box i have missed or even maybe a one off. I have searched around and couldnt find any info or setting on this and although the boxes are only 8GB 2 I have had since June (changed the program on the first box) and the data seems not to move and have this issue.

Many thanks for your time.
The reason your previous thread was binned was because the addons that seem to be giving you grief are not supported here and their discussion is outlawed.
Yup suspected as much on the repo's/add-ons. Don't blame me but I really like it this way. I LOVE xbmc/Kodi because of the people that make it happen. They abide by the law and do everything as legit as they can!

Have you seen this:?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Thing is before this thread becomes garbage you need to know what you are doing?

And please don't shout at me, I am trying to help!

The thing is you are a victim here and are buying into something that seemed good at the time but you were mis-sold?

There is very little for free in this world my friend.
Good Morning,
Thank you for your reply's.
I do understand why my thread was binned, and I'm guessing you are saying that by the repo's i am using they are causing my problem of data build up, Although none of my other boxes have this problem.
And I understand why xbmc outlaw said repo's . But why would they allow them to still be used on their software, surly if they wanted them dismissed from xbmc/Kodi they would find away for the software to block them after all the programmers have built a great program which thousands use, It shouldn't be to hard to make the program only use their own or promoted software.
After all I am not a programmer I am just a member of the public that follow the links on google and youtube to install Repo's as i am sure many do each day.
And again i thank you both for taking the time to comment.
Quote:But why would they allow them to still be used on their software, surly if they wanted them dismissed from xbmc/Kodi they would find away for the software to block them after all the programmers have built a great program which thousands use, It shouldn't be to hard to make the program only use their own or promoted software.

That's like asking someone Firefox to make it so that you can't use Firefox to do anything illegal. There's no way for XBMC/Kodi, the program, to know if something is legal or illegal. People make add-ons which are basically just python scripts that point to video files sitting on servers all around the internet. That data looks no different from legal data as far as a computer program is concerned.