Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Helix Installation Problem on Lubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

I am pretty new to this and am currently trying to set up Kodi on my OpenHour Chameleon running Lubuntu.
I've done all this:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable (or xbmc-nightly, makes no difference)
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

But I always get the following error which I have no idea how to solve:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc : Depends: kodi but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Would be great if some of you cracks could help me with that.

Thanks in advance!
Klefisch
since you use the nighty ppa, you should try:

apt-get install kodi
Thanks for the hint, but that leaves me with the following problem :-(

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:14.0~git20141108.1040-beta2-0trusty) but it is not installable
Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:14.0~git20141108.1040-beta2-0trusty.1~) but it is not installable
Depends: libshairplay0 but it is not installable
Recommends: libvdpau1 but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: libva-intel-vaapi-driver but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Any ideas?
you could try:

apt-get remove xbmc, xbmc-bin
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
apt-get install kodi, kodi-bin
You can try:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
Does the ppa build for arm?
there are no ARM builds in our PPA
Damn it. Any chance those will be added in the future?
Any chance there is a workaround for the meantime?
I can't really use my OpenHour without XBMC/Kodi :-(
Compile it yourself?
In case you want to compile, I suppose README.armel would be the place to start.
good a time to learn more about your platform in process.

I have no idea if OpenElec make builds for this platform or even if compiling will work.

Else try asking the people who sell it looking at the homepage they dont really confirm support for Ubuntu/Linux on there, says for support unconfirmed image for illustration purposes only or something.

You could run android and then SPMC
I am a total Linux noob so I'll look into compiling myself but I will probably hit the floor pretty hard and quick.
Of course Android is an option but I wanted to use the OpenHour as Sickbeard and Couchpotato downloader as well and I haven't figured out how to properly do that with Android so that's why I focused on Lubuntu.

What I don't completely get is why there isn't an official XBMC/Kodi ARM build as the hardware base for that is getting bigger and bigger right?
Most people with ARM machines are either:

1. Running android; or

2. Running a version of XBMC compiled/supplied by the vendor;

3. Running a raspberry pi.
(2014-11-15, 02:11)Klefisch Wrote: [ -> ]I am a total Linux noob so I'll look into compiling myself but I will probably hit the floor pretty hard and quick.
Of course Android is an option but I wanted to use the OpenHour as Sickbeard and Couchpotato downloader as well and I haven't figured out how to properly do that with Android so that's why I focused on Lubuntu.

What I don't completely get is why there isn't an official XBMC/Kodi ARM build as the hardware base for that is getting bigger and bigger right?

Try asking the vendor for support then, or try their forums and ask their users for help.

Personally I think you are quite fortunate to have such great amount of choices and you are looking for maximum benefit with minimum effort, in that case buy a platform that you know is fully supported officially and that has official builds for it for your chosen OS/Platform combo.

Good luck.
(2014-11-15, 10:40)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-15, 02:11)Klefisch Wrote: [ -> ]I am a total Linux noob so I'll look into compiling myself but I will probably hit the floor pretty hard and quick.

Try asking the vendor for support then, or try their forums and ask their users for help.

Personally I think you are quite fortunate to have such great amount of choices and you are looking for maximum benefit with minimum effort, in that case buy a platform that you know is fully supported officially and that has official builds for it for your chosen OS/Platform combo.

Good luck.

Yet at the same time I think the community would love to know how kodi runs on on linux on these quite recent and apparently powerful machines, so cut the Guy some slack huh?
psshhhh
Pages: 1 2