Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi beta 2 - issues playing video on Android-x86
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help with an issue that i'm having.
I recently was given an Acer Aspire TimelineX 1830T and loaded Android-X86 v 4.4r1 (found @ http://www.android-x86.org/) and it's been working pretty good.

Last night i decided to install kodi beta2 for Android x86 and had it scan my media and install a few plugins and things seemed to be working well, but when i try to play any of my movies kodi just crashes.

My movies are all on a qnap nas, and i connected to it by adding a network location and specifying the server name, share name, username and password.

I'm not really sure what's going on or how to trouble shoot it, so if anyone has any tips, id be really greatfull.
This is my first time using the android version....i've used the windows and openelec version on other hardware and never had this type of issue.

Thanks
(2014-11-14, 16:21)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]install nightly
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/

So was there a know issue in beta 2 for my issue that one of the nightlies fixes?
yes
Ok I'll try that once i get home and post back to let you know if it fixes the issue.

Thanks
Ok so i tried the lastest kodi android x86 nightly and the problem still exist. i also completly uninstalled, cleared cache and app data and reinstalled the latest nightly and the issue was still happening.

I tried the last official xbmc 13.2 android x86 and it seems to play videos fine, but when i try to do the same with kodi it just crashes and something along the lines of unfortunately kodi has stopped working
Hmm, can you get a logcat (wiki) for the devs after this happens? There was a playback bug that was causing a crash-on-playback that was recently fixed, but maybe you are having a different issue.
I've got a Tab 3 10.1 with intel SoC and tried Helix beta 2 and had the same problems as the OP. I just installed Helix 14.0 Nightly 15th November and everything is now back working as it should.