Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IMDB data not being pulled occasionally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of my IMDB data is fine. Sometimes I find one where it's not pulling all the data from IMDB.

One I just found is a "TV movie". Does the program not pull data because it says TV?

I tried to scrape from TMDB first, and they have the show but without plot, poster, etc. So I want to scrape from IMDB instead, so I added it to my Movies section and removed it from my TV section.

IMDB has poster, description, cast, language, country, etc. It is not very popular so it has less data than most movies. It is ID tt3450856 on IMDB. I was curious if there is a bug, or if I have to manually download and add the poster, plot, etc because it's a "TV movie". I think I have had other TV shows or TV movies that worked from IMDB.

A different situation I have seen is the database has plot, but tinyMM doesn't download the plot. I am sorry I don't have more detail about this. I can't remember if it was a TV episode, TV show, or movie. Maybe more than one. It usually works. This was only 2 or 3 occasions.
Imdb is a bit tricky, because their website answers different under certain circumstances.. So without an example which I can reproduce, I can not say where the problem is.
In the Imdb scraper we only search for movies. You could try to insert the Imdb it directly in the search field (movie chooser) or be sure the Imdb id is in the movie (editor) and try "scrape metadata".. Maybe this helps
It scraped the IMDB ID and some other basic data, but not poster and plot.

So when I try to scrape again (with the proper ID already in the proper field) it does the same.

I put the IMDB ID in my original post if you want to try that one. ID tt3450856.

I also found another example where it scrapes the poster but not the plot text: ID tt1836183.
tt1836183: works here..
tt3450856: there is one example, where imdb answers with another structure.. (maybe because it is a TV movie..); that is unparseable at the moment Sad

I've scraped with englisch (imdb also reacts on the scraper language with its responses...)