Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu 14.04 - xbmc crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,
My xbmc is suddenly crashing when I open any video addon on xbmc.
Only Music addon works well.
I also tried un-installing and re-installing xbmc on my Ubuntu 14.04.
Nothing seems to work.
Let me know if you want to see crash logs.
Please help.
Disable VAAPI under Video Acceleration. Your old GPU's driver is segfaulting when it wants to open it.
Hi there,

I have same problem. XBMC crashes randomly when starting HDTV.
Please See log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=351153

My system is a Core I5 4570 on a Intel DH87RL running XBMCBuntu.

I would like to try also to disable the Hardware Acceleration, but I canĀ“t find an option for this. Where do I have to look for these settings?

Thanks and Regards,
Alex
No you absolutely don't have the same problem. Stop highjacking othere people's threads.

You are using "experimental mesa" drivers which crash when rendering is initalized - in the driver.
But for both: Update to helix beta (that should at least fix the highjacker's issue ;-)) if the mesa drivers are not too bad.

For the OP, to disable VAAPI go to Video -> Acceleration (you only see that option, when the menu is set to advanced level, see the FAQ on how to do that.
Thanks for your help, Sir.

Have a nice weekend!
Alex
Hi Fritsch,

Thanks a lot!
You just made my day!

Regards
Benit
You can further improve your xbmc experience, by Setting: Video -> Acceleration: Decoding Method (Software). This should all do that don't have hw video acceleration to use all cpu core available.