Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choppy video with Nvidia GeForce Go 7300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm new to XBMC and so if anyone could assist me with this I would be grateful.

I decided to recycle an old laptop I had in storage and turn it into an HTPC.The laptop is a Duo Core 2 1.8 ghz with 1.5 gb RAM. The video card is a GeForce Go 7300 with 128 mb RAM. I removed the board and mounted it in a nice metal Samsung DVD case. After attempting to install a generic x86 build I discovered that xorg would not activate. I did some research and discovered that this video card isn't supported in the new generic packages so I found a custom build that included Nvidia legacy drivers. I installed that and everything went well. I began update my library and settings. Afterwards I attempted to play some of my .mkv's (stored on Seagate 4TB portable hard drive).

The .mkv's play great for 5-6 minutes and suddenly become slow/choppy. I tried manipulating some video settings but it didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li...dix-a.html

No vdpau support, what do you expect? Possible workaround: Video -> Acceleration: Decoding Method: Software, but I don't expect too much of that Core 2 Duo