Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFO File For Doctor Who (2005)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to find a way of scraping info for Doctor Who (2005) from TVDB as forums indicate many people have, to no success.

Forums I've found are saying that you have to override the scrape with an NFO file (I'll say now that I know very very little about this), but I don't have one, nor can I find one.

Does anyone have the NFO file I can use, or can you tell me how to (quickly and easily) make one? This lack of organisation is doing my head in..

Thanks!
Just make sure the folder is named Doctor Who (2005) and the episodes are correctly named.
Is it just the source folder that needs to be labelled as Doctor Who (2005) or do I need to name the folder in XBMC as the same?

Thanks Smile
The source folder then Kodi will know which Doctor Who to scrape.
Here is how I have mine set up, and it scrapes perfectly every time:

Doctor Who (2005) --> Season 01 --> "Doctor Who (2005) - S01E01 - Rose - (03-26-2005).mp4"
All you basically need is this and Kodi will scrape it just fine -

Doctor Who (2005) > Season 01 > S01E01.mp4
(2014-11-18, 09:17)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]All you basically need is this and Kodi will scrape it just fine -

Doctor Who (2005) > Season 01 > S01E01.mp4

True, but I prefer to name like Dalton63841 does, in case something gets moved by mistake. You can end up with a lot of files named S01E01.mp4 and never know where they truly belong if they get accidentally dragged and dropped.