Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paths or browse for the media location not worked kodi 14.0 beta 3Huh
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Please be more clear.
This might be the same problem I am having, I have Kodi installed on a windows 8.1 PC and was accessing my SMB shares (win 8.1 PC) fine on beta 2. As soon as I upgraded to beta 3 the shares were no longer accessible. Kodi kept prompting me for password which I entered but still made no difference and continued to ask for the password. I cleaned the library and re addded the shares and it worked again. I have just come back from work to watch some tv episodes and after restart it is doing the same thing again, cant access files "do i want to remove from library".
He's probably talking about not being able to view your network in Kodi. I'm running the Kodi DSPlayer version and when I add a video location I actually have to add SMB share and then select it, I'm unable to browse my network and just select a folder. Not a huge deal, I know where everything is located.
No, the shares are right there in Kodi. Kodi cant access them. It cant communicate with the host, It's like the media has been moved. It works for a while if you re add the media but then after a while it loses it again and will not scan the libraries.
What's awhile? I've been running this version for 3 weeks and it's pretty much rock solid except for a few minor annoyances.
A while as in I watched a movie it was o.k. powered down the system then next time i turned it on (1 day later) it wouldn't scan the libraries. and couldnt access the SMB shares? I have been using Beta 1 then 2 with no problems. Very strange. Also, when i tried to re add the shares to re scan in to library it asked me for the network password which i entered correctly but it wouldn't accept it and kept asking for the password again and again. Sorry if I can't explain in the right technical terms but i'm very much just a user.
7 postings and no Debug Log Wink
Thanks David, never made a log before, will try and do one when i get home from work. Wink