Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Andriod question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased a Satellite STB with Android (Vigica Android 4.2.2 Tv BOX C70t Hd Hdmi Dvb-t2 Tv Receiver Amlogic Aml8726-mx 1g 4g Dual Core ) Love the box it has google play store on it.

The problem Im having it has XBMC Gotham 13.1 and its missing the Time zone settings so I tried to install 13.2 but it wont because of 13.1 already on it so Im asking Do I have to remove 13.1 first to install 13.2 BUT im worried once I uninstall 13.1 and 13.2 will not load or work Or is it standard procedure and not to worry ?
How are you installing it?

If using ADB you will need to use the -r switch

Code:
adb install -r xbmc-13-2.apk

If you just downloaded the apk file on the device, you can just install it normally and it will upgrade xbmc

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBM...oid#Update
Just an FYI, XBMC/Kodi for Android doesn't have a Time zone setting. It takes the Time Zone from whatever is set in Android.
(2014-11-19, 02:30)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]How are you installing it?

If using ADB you will need to use the -r switch

Code:
adb install -r xbmc-13-2.apk

If you just downloaded the apk file on the device, you can just install it normally and it will upgrade xbmc

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBM...oid#Update

I downloaded it to Ext harddrive then used a program app on the android called appinstaller

So I guess it has to be deleted first before I upgrade oh well It will have to wait I just ordered 3 more boxes and will wait. So If I screw up the box I will have 3 more back ups ! Smile Thanks for leading me in the right direction !

P.S. Its kinda of funny how 13.1 on this box has the date stuck at Fri 2 Jan1970
if you can't install 13.2 on top of 13.1 it means you have a non-official version and you will receive no help from us as we won't know what happened to the code
(2014-11-19, 20:12)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]if you can't install 13.2 on top of 13.1 it means you have a non-official version and you will receive no help from us as we won't know what happened to the code

How can I tell if it has been tampered with ?
Ok I just experimented I downloaded a weather apk used the installer and it went in fine ! The date and time on the weather screen is Fri 2 Jan1970 so that tells me 13.1 is working fine and its getting the date and time from Android Smile So XBMC is fine Smile Now I just got to figure out how to get into the system to change it !
(2014-11-19, 20:49)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-19, 20:12)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]if you can't install 13.2 on top of 13.1 it means you have a non-official version and you will receive no help from us as we won't know what happened to the code

How can I tell if it has been tampered with ?

If you cannot install an official Kodi/xbmc over the one you have, it means the old one was tampered, or that it was baked into the firmware.
Update I have couple of the boxes and updated one to 13.2 and the other to Kodi and no problems ! The only thing I see is XBMC/Kodi it has a hard time when you scan in all the MOVIES/ TV Shows from a WD Cloud smb it misses a lot Sad When you set the scanning to Local Information only after that scan you have to go in and change the scrarper to pick up the rest. Very frustrating