Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New member with malware question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all--just signed up for the forums. I had never heard of xbmc until my son in law sent me a Digistream dx3 box that has Android 4.2.2
I hooked it up for a short bit just to see what it was all about but I can see that I have a lot to learn,will have to put my time in I guess.
My biggest concern is if this box is a malware risk since it is connected to the internet connection and could possibly infiltrate other laptops,tablets etc on the network. I do have 2 different routers in my home since Comcast gave me one also when I got their phone service. So theoretically I could put the box on it's own router.
Thanks in advance for any replies and if I'm in the wrong forum or this isn't the proper place to ask this type of question would appreciate any other suggested websites or forums.
Yeah, this isn't an XBMC/Kodi question. You'll want to ask this at a general Android forum.
Thanks for the reply. I guess the difficult part for me is finding the right forum to post to,also tried Wilders Security Forum but no answers so far. I don't really know anything about Android,any suggestions or links to a forum that might be able to answer this for me?

Thanx
gc