Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MeLE X2000 4K Quad Core H.265 3D ISO XBMC Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2014-11-20, 21:57)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, post your impressions on VidOn in that thread after you test it out a little.

Quote:windows xbmc machine, plays everything in xbmc except 3d, then for 3d i go outside to TMT and play the 3d iso in 3d
When I had my NUC with Win7, I had set TMT as my external player from within XBMC. There's a thread in the Windows support section that explains how to do this. For me, I just didn't care for XBMC under Windows... didn't feel like a just turn-on-and-use set-top box.

+1

I know about the external player, used it before too, but like you said, i just doesnt feel like a turn on/off box
(2014-11-20, 21:57)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, post your impressions on VidOn in that thread after you test it out a little.

Quote:windows xbmc machine, plays everything in xbmc except 3d, then for 3d i go outside to TMT and play the 3d iso in 3d
When I had my NUC with Win7, I had set TMT as my external player from within XBMC. There's a thread in the Windows support section that explains how to do this. For me, I just didn't care for XBMC under Windows... didn't feel like a just turn-on-and-use set-top box.

Will do.

What is the latest version of Firmware and software on this device?
Yeah, you'll want to update the software first thing as it wipes all your data/apps/settings after install. SDK v1.2 is latest I think... you can update OTA directly from box.
(2014-11-20, 22:40)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you'll want to update the software first thing as it wipes all your data/apps/settings after install. SDK v1.2 is latest I think... you can update OTA directly from box.

How is the VidOn the media player?

Does it play Bluray 3D/2D ISO
I didn't bother with it as it's only there when you install their VidOn Media Center, which I didn't care for. They have a new version out (separate download from their website), so may try it again.
Did you guys notice Cloud Media just released a new firmware for OpenHour that supports 3D ISO's? See here.

Mulling over whether I should subject myself to be a guinea pig Wink. I've been burned by Syabas/Cloud Media before, so on the fence.
(2014-11-20, 20:19)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]This will be my new combo.

HP ChromeBox w/OpenElec == 2D/MKV
VidOn Box ===BluRay 3D/2D ISO..

I'm wondering why you don't use VidOn Box to play 2D/MKV? Does the box have problems on the playback of 2D/MKV?
Wolly, we need 23.976 and 59.940 fps support on the box to consider just using VidOn for everything.
(2014-11-21, 10:09)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm wondering why you don't use VidOn Box to play 2D/MKV? Does the box have problems on the playback of 2D/MKV?

Reason why..

I remember when 'hdmkv' ask that if you guys are going to come with a better hardware and you made fun about it.

With Almost 1100 2D/MKV files, i don't the VidOn can handle it.
I have feeling the device with crash all the time.

On the Software side,you guys are doing a great job,it just needs a few tweaks and everything will be great
But on the hardware side, you need come out with a $149 device with great hardware then i will migrate all my movie catalog into that device.
+1... need a more powerful box (CPU/GPU) w/o losing full 3D and hd audio support that's there now. Also, 23.976 fps support.
Anyone going to test this one?
(2014-11-21, 16:13)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-21, 10:09)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: [ -> ]

Reason why..

I remember when 'hdmkv' ask that if you guys are going to come with a better hardware and you made fun about it.

With Almost 1100 2D/MKV files, i don't the VidOn can handle it.
I have feeling the device with crash all the time.

On the Software side,you guys are doing a great job,it just needs a few tweaks and everything will be great
But on the hardware side, you need come out with a $149 device with great hardware then i will migrate all my movie catalog into that device.

I see, there are three key points: No buffer, No Crash, 23.976Hz & 59.940Hz.
I will push our developers to do the job.
You got it Smile.
Wow, a total thread drift.

What were we discussing in this thread again oh yeah - MeLE X2000.
For such a big box, seems strange to still put USB & SDcard ports on the side of it, since it has plenty of open real estate on the back panel to put it all back there.
They need to redesign the PCB if they want move all ports to the back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7