Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hd homerun prime with tv guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok guys i just got the hd home run set up. i used to use a next pvr setup with an anntenna, but we got cable again so we can watch our hockey!

so i set it up using the streaming without backend through the unp file. my problem is that if i stream through the hd homerun easy viewer software it plays great! but when i stream in xbmc it does the digital glitching, its not terrable but enough to make you angry. haha is this a codec problem? is there a fix for it?

i love how quick the channel switching is! unlike using the backend.
Log? Hardware? I use 3 different front ends for my hdhomerun and have no issues. All have guide
im running 2 windows pcs. with amd x4 3.2, 8g of ram, radeon hd 5670.

both pcs are doing the same thing
i just tried running a log and when it was done and wanted to send it to me, it said script err. i will say that one of the pcs is running Gotham and the one i'm on now is running kodi,
ok i just tried it out in my garage, on a xbmcbuntu machine. it does the same thing. i'm thinking it has to do with some setting in the hd home run. seeing that no one else has this problem. or some thing with my router setup. any ideas?
ok i have done the logs before, but none of my machines are running the auto uploader (keep getting script err) and can't find the log manually.
no one has any idea? it really seems like its just a playback/ codec problem or rendering problem. all my pcs work fine with the hd home run quick tv software. but there is a choppy/ sync problem in xbmc

my wife is ready to ditch it and get cable boxes, please help
Just copy and paste the debug log to pastebin.

No log no way to help.

However I can say pvr is way better with a backend.
ok i finally found the file, log
just so you know i went and installed 13.2 again on that machine. for the first 15 minutes it seemed to work fine, it buffered once at the beginning of a stream then it was fine. after that first 15 minutes it started back up with buffering every 2 to 5 minutes and getting really glitchy.

as i said in the first post the hd home run quickTV software works fine.

pc

amd x4 3.2
gigabyte MB
120 g ssd
radeon hd 5670
8g of ram

as for the pvr backend, i was using nextpvr. but i would experience alot of crashes with xbmc when using live tv. way back i tried to use mythubuntu, but i never could get xbmc to connect to it.

we don't really need a dvr type setup, we just use it for watching live sports and whatever my wife thinks she needs to watch as soon as its on, with commercials haha

thanks alot guys