Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu - how enter Ubuntu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm wondering how (or if) I enter Ubuntu after installing XBMCbuntu? If I choose exit in XBMC, I'm taken to a login in window (which I assume is Ubuntu) but when I type in my password I get automatically sent to XBMC.

Can I have it so I just stay in Ubuntu?

// nejo
There should be a pulldown menu or similar where you are able to choose which session you want to enter. Choose the one you need and you either enter XBMC or XBMCbuntu
(2014-11-21, 00:31)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]There should be a pulldown menu or similar where you are able to choose which session you want to enter. Choose the one you need and you either enter XBMC or XBMCbuntu

Thanks that worked!

Do you know how I make the system boot directly into XBMC (like it did previously, that disappeared when I loged on to Ubuntu the first time)?
Log back into xbmc.
Correct...You have to exit XBMCbuntu and login into XBMC. You will always get to the last selected session from where you shutdown or reboot. So if you want to boot directly to XBMC, you have to be logged in into XBMC fist before shutdown/reboot