Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Request ..option for custom Userdata folder location..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, as a android box user im aware of limited space in storage. so i use a external hard drive to store "keepers".
my appeal is this..

could it not be implemented into the new kodi the option to set where the user folder is located? easily...browse t where it is or where it should be placed.

thumbs take up space and would be best suited to a hard drive..it would be of great use in multi partitioned setups.. (not everybody stream). just point it at an existing folder and im assuming all the library will be set..

im sorry if this has or the gist of it has been asked already..

but a clear and concise reply would at least refresh it in the minds of the new order !! kodi.. or an explanation to why it cant be added to settings

been using it since xbox classic but although i may have looked under the bonnet when modding them.. i didnt get the spark plugs out.. .. if that at all illustrates my point lol.
lol...is there noooooo body that would benifit from this? is it already there. wood and trees? have i been smoking the tree?

has it already been covered?

any help will help many i'm sure....
You can move the whole xbmc data folder, which includes the userdata folder, to an external drive with SPMC: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/How-...MC-data%3F
(2014-11-21, 20:08)pumpumrocker Wrote: [ -> ]lol...is there noooooo body that would benifit from this? is it already there. wood and trees? have i been smoking the tree?

has it already been covered?

any help will help many i'm sure....

You bump after 14 hours? Patience padawan.