Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: artwork help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i have a tv series called doctor who all 26 seasons, each episode is titled exactly the same as on tvdb but when i scan it only finds the tv show but not the season or episodes.
Please help ?
Please show us your file naming if you expect help. You say they're "titled exactly" but XBMC doesn't care about episode titles, it doesn't even need them. What it does need is for each file to be named in a manner that it can use, such as Doctor.Who.s05e11.720p.BluRay.mkv. What the scrapers can discern from this is that it's episode 11 of season 5 of the series Doctor Who. Naming it something like Doctor Who - Title of episode 11 season 5.mkv will not work.
An example is tvshows/doctorwho/season1/an unearthly child/an unearthly child.avi
it is like this for all 26 seasons.
Well, that's 100% wrong.

It should be

tvshows/
..Doctor Who/
....season 1/
...... Doctor.Who.s01e01.(any other info you think you need).avi
...... Doctor Who.s01e02.(any other info you think you need).avi
...... etc...
....season 2/
...... Doctor.Who.s02e01.(blah blah).avi
....season 3/
...... etc...

If your folder structure is not like above, you're literally pissing up a rope. You will fight XBMC and every other associated add on tooth and nail to ever get it even close to right.
Ok I have this now tvshow/doctorwho/season1/anunearthlychild/s01e01.The Firemaker.avi
and yet it still does not find it?

and have done it like this tvshows/doctorwho/season1/s01e01 and it finds new doctor who not the old series.
"Doctor Who"

" Doctorwho" isn't correct
(2014-11-23, 00:46)baha2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I have this now tvshow/doctorwho/season1/anunearthlychild/s01e01.The Firemaker.avi
and yet it still does not find it?

and have done it like this tvshows/doctorwho/season1/s01e01 and it finds new doctor who not the old series.

Did you even read what I wrote? You need to read and figure out what's going on.

Here's the first issue. It's still completely wrong. Here's the second issue, An Unearthly Child and The Firemaker are two completely different episodes. If you're talking about the first episode, your folder structure should look like this:

tv shows/Doctor Who/Season 1/Doctor.Who.s01e01.avi

If it's the 4th episode, it would be this:

tv shows/Doctor Who/Season 1/Doctor.Who.s01e04.avi

I mean it's really simple and you're making it really, really hard.