Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping while the external drive is not connected?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can one scrape while the external drive is not connected and the downloaded images / information of the movies / series will be updated automatically when the drive will be connected? The data base has been updated while that drive was connected.

When scraped movies are scraped again, will the images be downloaded again and the nfo file be written / created again?

While the external drive was connected I scraped all of the movies on it, but there are many images missing? What might that be caused by?
- It makes no sense to scrape when the drive is not connected.. where should that data be written?!?
- yes, when you rescrape everything is being written again
- without logs I can't say much. Could be a cause of missing settings, missing artwork at scraper side (not every movie on this earth has artwork Wink ), network problems..
Many thanks, mlaggner.

Quote: - yes, when you rescrape everything is being written again
So when I once have scraped the movie information and manually found the correct movies and all movies are scraped correctly now I would have to find the movies all over again and mark the correct movies manually again, is the correct? May there be a way to only scrape the movies again being incorrectly scraped and the unscraped ones?

Quote: - It makes no sense to scrape when the drive is not connected.. where should that data be written?!?
I do not know, may be in a temp folder / file, I do not have any idea.

Quote:- without logs I can't say much. Could be a cause of missing settings, missing artwork at scraper side (not every movie on this earth has artwork Wink ), network problems..
I would send one, how could I view it? Should it be the "Error log" in the menu "Tools"? And to whom / how send it?

When I move correctly scraped movies to another / an external drive do one have to scrape those movies again or will they be added to the tMM data base automatically?

And when I interrupt a scraping and want to continue, I should use the option "Scrape all of the unscraped movies" to not to scrape all of the movies again, is the right?

Many thanks again.
Quote:May there be a way to only scrape the movies again being incorrectly scraped and the unscraped ones?

do you think we mark/flag the movies we scrape incorrectlyHuh
We try with several logics to get a calculate able result how good the result is (scraper score) and with the scraper threshold the user can decide how variance to a perfect match (search term and result are 100% the same) will be tolerated. Whenever a result is over this threshold tmm classifies the result as "correct" - only a human being can decide whether this is truly correct or not..

so you can filter unscraped movies (or better said movies with incomplete metadata) but not incorrect scraped ones.

Quote:I do not know, may be in a temp folder / file, I do not have any idea.
no way. you have to scrape with the devices attached. I will not support such a setup/workflow..

Quote:I would send one, how could I view it?
When you finished the action which produces the logs, simply go to the menu "Contact us -> Send bug report"
Many thanks, mlaggner.

Quote:do you think we mark/flag the movies we scrape incorrectly
No, no, I do not at all.

When I move correctly scraped movies to another / an external drive do one have to scrape those movies again or will they be added to the tMM data base automatically?

And when I interrupt a scraping and want to continue, I should use the option "Scrape all of the unscraped movies" to not to scrape all of the movies again, is the right?

Quote:When you finished the action which produces the logs, simply go to the menu "Contact us -> Send bug report"
OK, I will do it like that. How / where can I view such a log?

Many thanks again.