Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV folder as subfolder of Movies folder - bugs when scraping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The last time I tried to look into strange mixing of sources, what I found out was that you need to scan in the sub-folders before scanning in the parent folders, and then it might work.

EDIT: I can't remember if updating the library after the initial scan works or not.
This is what tapatalk just popped up as discussion of the day? Really? Some weird stubborn discussion on something that's intentionally breaking kodi for the fun of it?

I'll answer the questions:
- yes this is expected to break and thus expected behavior.
- no this isn't a bug.

End of discussion.

Suggested structure: /Media/Movies with content type films. /Media/TV-Shows with content type Tv-Shows.
(2014-11-29, 09:20)JaccoH Wrote: [ -> ]This is what tapatalk just popped up as discussion of the day? Really? Some weird stubborn discussion on something that's intentionally breaking kodi for the fun of it?

- no this isn't a bug.

End of discussion.

So sorry your day was ruined and you felt you had to post such a useful reply. Sadly, if you were to actually read the thread, you'd have discovered that (i) it's not always reproducible, most of the time works just fine and (ii) it's caused by external factors beyond my control. So, no, nobody tried to intentionally break Kodi nor ruining your day, nor is it the end of the discussion.

Happy 13th birthday though.
Right
(2014-11-29, 21:45)normadize Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-29, 09:20)JaccoH Wrote: [ -> ]This is what tapatalk just popped up as discussion of the day? Really? Some weird stubborn discussion on something that's intentionally breaking kodi for the fun of it?

- no this isn't a bug.

End of discussion.

So sorry your day was ruined and you felt you had to post such a useful reply. Sadly, if you were to actually read the thread, you'd have discovered that (i) it's not always reproducible, most of the time works just fine and (ii) it's caused by external factors beyond my control. So, no, nobody tried to intentionally break Kodi nor ruining your day, nor is it the end of the discussion. Happy 13th birthday though.

Yes but you can change to /movies/movies and /movies/tv.
(2014-11-29, 22:38)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but you can change to /movies/movies and /movies/tv.

Like I already said, I can't because it's not under my control. I also said that I'm aware the structure is unpopular (yet it works most of the time -- just haven't figured out when exactly it fails or if it's systematic).
Are you saying you can't move anything on the server?
Ooops, I missed several replies before the one from @JaccoH. Apologies.

@steeb, you're right and I added an "EDIT" to the 1st post to explain the restriction I'm facing. Initially I assumed people in here are more technical so I didn't expect many sarcastic/offending remarks. I am very grateful to those who expressed an interest to understand and/or help.

@jjd-uk, indeed I can only read (I can't create nor write anything). Content is added by others, not me. I'm pretty stuck with this structure.

@ned Scott, that is pretty much the way I have been working around it too until now. Specifically,
  1. remove the bogus TV show (e.g. "TV Offal") from the library, which should have been "The Sopranos", for instance
  2. go to the Videos > Files section and manually navigate into the "Movies/TV/" subfolder, which has content "TV Shows"
  3. right click subfolder "Movies/TV/The Sopranos/" and choose "Change content" and change it to "None" and then also check "Exclude selected folder from scans" and press OK, then answer Yes to Kodi's question about removing it from library
  4. right click subfolder "Movies/TV/The Sopranos/" and choose "Change content" again then change it to "TV Shows" and check "Select folder contains a single TV show" (should already be checked) and press OK
  5. right click and choose "Scan for new content".
In my case, steps 3 and 4 were actually needed. If I do not do them exactly as I described, then the moment I'd scan the folder or subfolder or update the library, the bogus TV show would come back again (as if Kodi has cached the entries). After doing the above steps, the bogus TV show would not come back. It only *sometimes* comes back when a new TV show is added under "Movies/TV/". I'm still waiting for a new TV show to be added and for this to happen again so I can log it and post the logs.

EDIT: Indeed Kodi is damn good, I can't believe I wasted so much time with codecs, media players, subtitle hunting etc. I'm certainly going to donate to the project! ... the issue i described here is a minor one even for me who experiences it.
Pages: 1 2