Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2020-07-01, 00:11)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using recent Nvidia drivers, stereo 3D support has been removed by Nvidia. Is that the issue?
I don't believe so.  I used the 3D Fix Manager tool from HelixMod to re-enable the features.  I do have the install for the last NVIDIA drivers to officially support 3D and can install those to test if needed, but since 3D works in Stereoscopic Player and games, I don't think that's the issue.
Hmm, I'm not sure. Checking fullscreen exclusive mode in madVR is sometimes necessary to get 3D to trigger. But mostly is up to the Nvidia video drivers to enable 3D when playback is started.
(2020-07-01, 01:54)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I'm not sure. Checking fullscreen exclusive mode in madVR is sometimes necessary to get 3D to trigger. But mostly is up to the Nvidia video drivers to enable 3D when playback is started.

Is the MVC decoder included with the MPC-HC internal 0.74.1.60 LAV filters? I also tried full screen exclusive mode again, when the player goes into full screen MPC-HC closes (crashes?).  I disabled "use Direct3D 11 for presentation" in the madVR settings and tried again just for fun.  That time the TV showed "displaying in 3D mode" when the movie went full screen, but the movie was not in 3D, it flickered, and there was an NVIDIA overlay saying the app wasn't supported.  Ha-ha.  So that didn't work.
LAV Filters in MPC-HC should include a full installation of LAV Filters with the MVC decoder.

Try another media player such as MPC-BE. You need to use external copies of LAV Filters with MPC-BE.
I use an add-on called Kodi Callbacks, to trigger my movie room lights when I hit play, pause, or stop. Does anyone know if it will still work if I switch my default player to MPC-HC? I don't want to go through all the setting up of MPC-HC, just to have Callbacks not work.
Hi folks, I am having a problem with older remuxes and FLAC audio. Basically MPC with MADVR won't output sound. Playing the files on other programs (Like Kodi and VLC) work fine.

These are older remixes I made. One (for example) is Pacific rim.

It has English FLAC 7.1 24-bit @ 4 790 Kbps and it is a FullHD AVC H.264 Blu-ray Remux.

I have attached screenshots of my settings to see if this helps diagnose the problem?

All help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Does MPC-BE play it?
Yes, it works on MPC-BE, why would that be? I currently have MPC set up with kodi and MADVR. Can MPC-BE do this? Or is there any way to fix my current MPC setup without moving to BE?

Thank you
The audio renderer is different between the two renderers. Sanear used by MPC-HC might have issues with FLAC audio tracks or just that particular track.

I would simply use MPC-BE because the two players are almost interchangeable.
Isn't MPC-HC deprecated anyway?
No, there are still developers updating it on their own.
Hi all, 
Is frame packed 3D MVC still supported under MadVR and MPC-BE or MPC-HC at least in 2020? I have a Intel i3-8300 laptop with an intel HD 620 graphics HTPC setup with Madvr (MPC-BE and MPC-HC) that seems to have no issue playing any 3d file except the Frame packed 3d MVC directly coughed up by Makemkv (no intermediary...just a straight H.264 MVC dump with MVC+AVC).  It plays them in 2d even with all the correct 3d settings for LAV filters and MadVR. I know the file rip is sound because Stereoplayer activates 3d without issue, and Kodi seems to detect the 3d if only for a moment (but still switching to 2d). SBS files also play without issue.

This might seem like a small step back in time for some... so please indulge me. I have been scraping the net and forums but nothing seems to speak to my issue, as every set up out there with Intel or AMD apparently "just works" with NVIDIA taking the brunt of broken 3d.

To make matters even more confusing, the 3D MVC test sample available here (no. 8 on the 3d list): https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples works flawlessly (assuming it was a straight makemkv dump) which seems to inform me that that file isn't a frame packed raw output from Makemkv. It appears to have been remuxed somehow with Makemerge (mediainfo confirms this). Is there a secondary step after ripping from Make MKV that is required now? I know of bd3d2mk3d but that generates an SBS file which is not what I am looking for (unless of course the MVC situation has changed). What I read everywhere is that Madvr remains the only free HTPC application capable of rendering frame packed MVC 3d but the simplicity described in the numerous forums seems to be a thing of the past.

The 3d outputs to a Panasonic Plasma with active 3d, if that matters. What can I say, some of us love the classics. So a lot of the current scenarios which seem targeted to Oculus 3d don't apply to me (and in my understanding, shouldn't matter).
I also came across something with regards to Intel and HDMI 1.4.... and broken 3d in 8th generation processors, but nothing that I can find confirms this.

Please help!
You should inquire in another forum about how to rip 3D Blu-rays with MakeMKV. I really have no experience. 

There should be hope to play your files with this combination if you can play a sample video. However, I wouldn't have a clue as to what the issue might be with your BD rips.
@Eguaoje 

From another forum:
Quote:So madvr 3d still works well with Nvidia's last official 3d vision driver, 425.31. If you use a newer driver with 3d vision injected it breaks madvr framepacking support. It will kick the output into framepacking just fine, but it renders as side-by-side despite the output being in framepacked.
Quote:Just an addendum to this... Madshi has mentioned over at Avsforum that he's got a private beta running that has apparently fixed this issue. No idea when it will be freely available, but it's good to know that there's a solution in the pipeline.
I currently have MPC set up with kodi and MADVR. Can MPC-BE do this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21