Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS 8.1 Keyboard Disappears
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Opening Kodi (Latest Nightly) on iOS 8.1 seems to break the native keyboard from working in any other app until a respring/restart.

Has anybody else experienced this, or have a solution (even a workaround).

Thanks!
Do you use a 3rd party keyboard? Thats the only thing i have read somewhere where a user had an issue with (though the problem the keyboard came up empty without buttons in Kodi). I don't have experienced any keyboard issues on ipad mini retina - though i am not jailbroken - it might be jailbreak related or device related (in case you have an iPhone or something for example).

Please elaborate a bit more. Does it break after you used the keyboard from within kodi or is launching kodi enough? Also how does it break exactly?
(2014-11-24, 14:51)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use a 3rd party keyboard? Thats the only thing i have read somewhere where a user had an issue with (though the problem the keyboard came up empty without buttons in Kodi). I don't have experienced any keyboard issues on ipad mini retina - though i am not jailbroken - it might be jailbreak related or device related (in case you have an iPhone or something for example).

Please elaborate a bit more. Does it break after you used the keyboard from within kodi or is launching kodi enough? Also how does it break exactly?

Thanks for the help - The keyboard is all stock settings, no 3rd party and I'm on a jailbroken iPhone 6 Plus.

It was happening every time I launched Kodi, and when I switched to any other app and pressed on a field to input text (text messaging, Safari, ect), the stock keyboard would simply not pop up.

But of course now that I post the issue it's now working flawlessly. I'll post again when I QA this a bit more and nail down what may be causing it.

Thanks!
I have been encountering the exact same issue on my iOS devices. (JB+3rd Party Keyboards) After some tinkering, I found the solution. You have to simply delete the third party keyboards off your active list on iOS. (Settings>General>Keyboards>Keyboards) Once you do this, the keyboard should start showing up just like normal.

Hope it helps anyone like me searching for solutions!
I too was having this problem. I didn't need to delete my Swype keyboard but rather opened the keyboard using text messenger and switching to the stock keyboard that way. No more blank board when i restarted Kodi after that.