Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Animation thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2014-12-24, 00:14)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

@MediaPi: well sure I've worked as a graphic designer, but never made a "logo intro video" for any company before.

@forcedalias: sorry I forgot that was 720p, I'll have to make the 1080p version, or maybe a new version, will work on it "next year" Smile

here's last one for 2014

1080p version: LINK

Happy holidays!

I really like this video to start with my Kodi and Aeon Nox skin , I added some sound effect to it.
If you like you can dl from HERE

Best wishes for 2015
I have not found how to add these animations when Kodi (Windows) starts....
(2015-01-01, 21:59)Me-- Wrote: [ -> ]I have not found how to add these animations when Kodi (Windows) starts....

Take a look here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=intro

Cheers
(2015-01-02, 11:28)65pippo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-01, 21:59)Me-- Wrote: [ -> ]I have not found how to add these animations when Kodi (Windows) starts....

Take a look here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=intro

Cheers

Thank you for this link!
(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Had to cut out a part of the animation, original one is longer and 1080p.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!! This is totally awesome..... how do I make this the boot/splash screen? I tried, but it won't actually play.... I put it in the media folder and changed the file name to splash.gif but it would not animate.... I don't know if I did it right....I would use this now if I could get it to animate.... #OUTSTANDING
SamFisher I created an account just to tell you how amazingly talented you are. All of your ideas look Awesome. I'm still kinda partial to the origami of the original I wish the background settled (faded) to black along with the rotation animation on the original. I too would like some more colors at the beginning somewhat like a test bars look (beta testing feel) to it morphing to the blue "polished" look. As if XBMC was the Beta version of KODI (not really I know).
So I thought I'd try my hand at it. Since I only have Gimp and i wasn't trying to make a polished product here is my basic animation integrating the X, the |<O>| (KODI play buttons), and my Test screen Idea. The colors make it look very playschool-ish So I'm not sure if I even like them now, however they help show where the pieces go. Image http://gfycat.com/SnarlingBlandAfricanbushviper
@ Samfisher, really appreciate your work. Thanks heaps.

I have one request tho for those of use that live in PAL TV land and have Kodi devices that refresh rate switch.
My Kodi GUI is set to 50Hz permantely as my TV is slow to refresh rate switch when watching live 25Hz TV.

Now I've been playing around with the Eminence Skin that allows a video on startup with my RPi and the only way to get your beaut startup Animations to play smoothly without being interrupted by is to set the GUI to 60Hz.

Anyway around to the question, is it possible to get some of these longer 10/11sec animations encoded at either 25fps or 50fps please.

These would be nice:

Logo_Kodi_Animation_2c_10sec_1080p_samfisher.mp4
Logo_Kodi_Animation_9c_Black_8sec_1080p_samfisher.mp4
Logo_Kodi_Animation_12e_Black_8sec_1080p_samfisher.mp4

EDIT: I got familiar with Handbrake and all issues sorted. 50fps video Smile
Wonderful startup video!

Could someone please create a Windows boot animation from Samfisher's video file?

I have tried using the "Windows 7 Boot Updater" program, but was unable to do so.

Many thanks!
Here's mine.. personally I'd like something that loops so it can be used on different systems that have different load times.. Confused I know mine doesn't loop.. still worth thinking about
(2015-01-16, 17:47)Co2p Wrote: [ -> ]Here's mine.. personally I'd like something that loops so it can be used on different systems that have different load times.. Confused I know mine doesn't loop.. still worth thinking about

Cool, I like it Smile I would speed it up a bit though. Or at least the countdown part.

(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Had to cut out a part of the animation, original one is longer and 1080p.
Definitely a contender too afaic Smile
(2014-12-24, 00:14)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]@forcedalias: sorry I forgot that was 720p, I'll have to make the 1080p version, or maybe a new version, will work on it "next year" Smile

Hi samfisher, did you have the occasion to work on the first animation in 1080p? Would it be possible to have it also with a black background instead of white (i.e. after the logo flashes, to go back to the black background...)?

Sorry if I'm asking too much!

Thanks for your work!
Sorry guys, I hoped it wouldn't take this long.
Unfortunately my old pc display died just after xmas and I'm waiting for a replacement I pre-ordered. I'm occasionally using my pc on a tv so can't do much atm, and a lot of works I have to do are piling up. After nearly a month Amazon still says they don't know when the product will be available, so I'm now trying to order from germany, finger crossed!

I'll be back ASAP!
(2015-01-22, 10:14)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry guys, I hoped it wouldn't take this long.
Unfortunately my old pc display died just after xmas and I'm waiting for a replacement I pre-ordered. I'm occasionally using my pc on a tv so can't do much atm, and a lot of works I have to do are piling up. After nearly a month Amazon still says they don't know when the product will be available, so I'm now trying to order from germany, finger crossed!

I'll be back ASAP!

I can just say that I'm going to cross my fingers for you! Wink

We have no hurry here...take your time! You have already done something....fantastic!
(2015-01-01, 21:08)65pippo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-24, 00:14)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

@MediaPi: well sure I've worked as a graphic designer, but never made a "logo intro video" for any company before.

@forcedalias: sorry I forgot that was 720p, I'll have to make the 1080p version, or maybe a new version, will work on it "next year" Smile

here's last one for 2014

1080p version: LINK

Happy holidays!

I really like this video to start with my Kodi and Aeon Nox skin , I added some sound effect to it.
If you like you can dl from HERE

Best wishes for 2015

Hi guys!

I really like this one with the proposed sound effect! Good job guys!

Just a couple of comments:

- The KODI word seems too big with respect to the ones in the other videos and personally I would go back to that dimensions. The logo is just AMAZING!
- About the sound effect...from my perspective there is a quite notable sound break before the last effect...would be possible to have that passage more smooth?

Is there an internet site where is possible to download such sound samples?

Have a nice day!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36