Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Animation thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
@samfisher

The download link for the 2nd white animation (White / Horizontal / Straight) links to the wrong file
@Solo0815: you mean the long one right? Will probably do that tomorrow.

@sialivi: thanks, it's fixed now!
(2015-02-08, 18:49)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]@da-anda: For the purpose of making it shorter?
nah, but i found it a bit "static" with the step by step animations and thought combining these would keep the flow
(2015-02-08, 21:31)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]@Solo0815: you mean the long one right? Will probably do that tomorrow.
I'd use any of the animations if it is WHITE -> BLACK Wink
(2015-02-08, 18:49)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a slightly different version of the long ones, I tried to EQ the sounds better and made the rotation slower (which I think was too fast).
BLACK
WHITE

Thanks a lot for this update...

Ehm...would it be possible to have a surround sound (e.g. 5.1)? Wink
@axlt2002: would be possible if I had a surround sound system to try it on Wink

Ok I made 4 new versions, black, white, black to white, white to black. I guess we have all the possibly needed versions now Smile

BLACK
DOWNLOAD

BLACK TO WHITE
DOWNLOAD

WHITE
DOWNLOAD

WHITE TO BLACK
DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!
Hi,

This looks awesome. Can I set one of the above as my splash image? Is .gif accepted as a splash screen?
(2015-02-13, 16:21)The Hollies Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome. Can I set one of the above as my splash image? Is .gif accepted as a splash screen?
nope, no gif support on splash screen yet
(2015-02-07, 16:08)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]The Sam is back! Big Grin

Welcome back! Great new animations by the way.

(2015-02-13, 19:00)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-13, 16:21)The Hollies Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome. Can I set one of the above as my splash image? Is .gif accepted as a splash screen?
nope, no gif support on splash screen yet

Is it something in development? A built-in splash screen management system with support for all the common file types would be fantastic.

I've tried the Startup.xml/Home.xml skin hack to show a video file on startup but it doesn't look very professional -- you see Kodi first, then the video file, then back to Kodi.

Still have to try Frost's Intro Movie addon but it looks old and may not work. We'll see.
well, you know, the splash screen is the thing shown when Kodi is starting up - thus, it's shown in a very early stage when core parts and libraries are being loaded. Adding support for "all common filetypes" (what do you consider common file types, videos as well?) would result in the splash showing up way later in the startup process. So IMO best would be a Android like style, where you have a boot loop animation (gif, apng) that's followed by some intro video once everything necessary is loaded.
(2015-02-17, 02:47)forcedalias Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried the Startup.xml/Home.xml skin hack to show a video file on startup but it doesn't look very professional -- you see Kodi first, then the video file, then back to Kodi.

Still have to try Frost's Intro Movie addon but it looks old and may not work. We'll see.
No it doesn't if done right.

For example here is my Startup.xml for Confluence

http://pastebin.com/7Uripsnr
(2015-02-17, 12:11)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]So IMO best would be a Android like style, where you have a boot loop animation (gif, apng) that's followed by some intro video once everything necessary is loaded.

That does sound good and makes a lot of sense.

(2015-02-17, 13:36)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-17, 02:47)forcedalias Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried the Startup.xml/Home.xml skin hack to show a video file on startup but it doesn't look very professional -- you see Kodi first, then the video file, then back to Kodi.

No it doesn't if done right.

For example here is my Startup.xml for Confluence

http://pastebin.com/7Uripsnr

I've noticed you removed the following line from your Startup.xml:

Code:
<include>CommonBackground</include>

No-one mentioned that on the "official" thread. I tried it and it looks better but I still see some panel quickly slide in and out of the top right (probably the one that normally contains library update info). I guess this is as close to professional looking as it gets. Thanks for the tip.
Ah, I noticed what you did at first but I thought I'd picked up removing that from the official thread, I was trying various things as I wanted to try and suppress the video controls popping up on mouse movement as I was testing on the desktop pc in the study.
(2014-12-17, 22:58)h.udo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-17, 21:07)natethomas Wrote: [ -> ]At this point I'm just sad we can't use all of these, because they're all so cool.

Of course we can, Nate!

Choose one "official" animation and give users the ability to upload a video to a folder that will substitute the vanilla animation.

Or upload a bunch of animations to a folder and random play on each boot. Or set boot animation in the UI, Or... damn! I'm dreaming... Big Grin

YES! THIS! Then we can use ALL of samfisher's wonderfully cool intros!
There have been a lot of really fine examples posted, but samfisher's fit exactly what I'd want for an intro -a little of that Kodi/XBMC wow-factor at start-up.

And if the hardworking devs figure out a good way to integrate it, wouldn't it be cool to have a setting pointing to a directory with intro videos that could play at randomly at start-up, as suggested by h.udo in the above post?! Rad.

Thanks to the developers for looking into this... cool idea.
Some skins allow for video intros, not sure if they are using an addon for that or not, but for example I'm using samfishers latest black video with arctic.zephyr and it looks amazing. Tho i'm pretty sure it doesn't allow for random intros which would be great.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36