Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Animation thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Since when did importance stop anyone from adding something that someone else thought was "silly"?
(2015-03-10, 20:47)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Since when did importance stop anyone from adding something that someone else thought was "silly"?

since the one that opened the PR already has enough to do already which he feels is way more important and doesn't have time to update it.....

Or are you saying he should drop everything he is doing and merge this purely cosmetic feature in favour of real functional things?
No, I'm not saying that. What I was trying to say, in an indirect way was "boy, that sure was a needlessly confrontational message. I'm not sure why such hostility has popped up in an otherwise pleasant and light hearted conversation."

I will attempt to be more direct in the future.
I also put silly between quotations to make it not meant as such. It's a nice feature but should be put in perspective with other stuff that is being worked on that affect usability
No problem, it didnt come over as Confrontational.
(2015-02-27, 13:13)RockerC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-27, 11:57)topfs2 Wrote: [ -> ]But animated backgrounds should be doable with gifs in gui already no? I mean we support gifs in images and its the same control afaik?
Unfortunately no, not Animated GIFs, not even under the Pictures section in Kodi because Animated GIFs are displayed as still images and not played as videos. At least not afaik?

Animated gifs are definitely possible - I use them in both eminence and arctic zephyr (1.0.9 onwards) for loading indicators. Apparently gifs are better than using looped rotate animations on low powered devices like RPis as they use less cpu cycles to render.
Kodi can be a bit picky about which gifs work - I usually have to import them into gimp and then export them back out with "replace frame disposal" for all frames to make sure they work properly,, but they definitely work.
sorry for bringing up old conversation/getting off topic of animated logos....

but for those interested in animated backgrounds they are totally doable already (not ideal method) but probably resource hungry i can't remember.
A couple years ago i set up animated backgrounds for aeon showmix i never released it.

You can see in video that its not just a video file playing in background as i have music also playing.

and here just simple background with the standard animated movement with random color change

Subtle backgrounds are better than moving ones with lots of things going on because of distraction that's why i chose the backgrounds you see in my video any jumping was in recording of video these animations ran smooth.
(2015-02-09, 18:49)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]@axlt2002: would be possible if I had a surround sound system to try it on Wink

Ok I made 4 new versions, black, white, black to white, white to black. I guess we have all the possibly needed versions now Smile

BLACK
DOWNLOAD

BLACK TO WHITE
DOWNLOAD

WHITE
DOWNLOAD

WHITE TO BLACK
DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!

Ho Sam, Fantastic work once again. How can I use these videos as start up screen for the skins on kodi for my android box, mate?

Scott
(2015-02-26, 07:47)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]Some skins allow for video intros, not sure if they are using an addon for that or not, but for example I'm using samfishers latest black video with arctic.zephyr and it looks amazing. Tho i'm pretty sure it doesn't allow for random intros which would be great.

How did you add the video intro for artic.zephyr mate? Is this for the skins' startup?

Scott
hello all,

I am trying to make changes to my Kodi intro. I have OE 5.05 running which includes a Kodi logo that flips as it zooms from in to out.

I have tried the changes to home.xml as well as change to the startup.xml method and nothing seems to work. Changes to home.xml resulted in a black screen after boot. Some of the threads I have followed seem dated so maybe they no longer work. Would someone please pint me in the right direction?

My apologies if I'm in the wrong place (but you guys in this thread obviously have it goin on!!), or if the answer in right in front of me (I'm a bit brain dead after reading so many threads)

Thank in advance

~GT
This might seem like a dumb request, but here goes...

When the intro movie starts, if i het the escape key, the movie still plays in the background but, it now allows me to interact with the gui even though the intro movie is still playing. I have found that i really like the look of this, minus the "Kodi-Intro-Video.mp4" info that pops up along with it. is there any way that i could make it do this without interaction? i.e. programatically either through the startup.xml or otherwise make the movie play behind the home screen.
Thanks

p.s. I have posted this in the intro video thread also
What is the timing for these intro videos? I'm using a samfisher 4 second video but notice that it doesn't start playing until after the Kodi boot splash (technically after a few seconds of black boot screen as I disabled splash via advancedsettings.xml).

If it matters, I'm using Arctic Zephyr and assigning the boot video in his Skin Settings. I'm curious if various skins run the boot video at different times though I doubt it as I also tried modiying the Home.xml and Startup.xml files and the effect was either identical or worse.

Right now my flow is Linux boot splash -> Kodi boot splash (removed) -> Boot Up Video -> Homescreen. Ideally the boot video would cover the time normally occupied by the boot splah.
(2015-05-13, 09:27)marioluigi123 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the timing for these intro videos? I'm using a samfisher 4 second video but notice that it doesn't start playing until after the Kodi boot splash (technically after a few seconds of black boot screen as I disabled splash via advancedsettings.xml).

If Kodi is displaying the boot up video, then Kodi has to (pretty much) fully start before the video can be displayed - this may take a second or two, depending.

What you probably want is for the splash video to be started *before* Kodi, and then maybe have Kodi wait until the video has played out fully before continuing and displaying the Kodi GUI. This is exactly what OpenELEC test builds on RPi do, using a very simple h264 video player.
(2015-05-22, 16:16)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]Try this (there is a read me txt doc in zip) amended version
No need to modify anything

NO SUPPORT PROVIDED, credit to original authors, content providers, video screen makers, coders, etc.

mirror 1: http://www.filedropper.com/downloads_12
mirror 2: http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/qkUV7jYo/file.html

FYI: Only tested on KODI latest nightly windows version with Aeon Nox (again no support for this is provided, so no slamming if it does not work, breakages, etc)
Please make sure you do not have other versions of this script installed in the addon folder and all .xml files that were modified are set back to their original.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2011185

Hope this helps Smile
(2015-05-13, 10:34)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]What you probably want is for the splash video to be started *before* Kodi, and then maybe have Kodi wait until the video has played out fully before continuing and displaying the Kodi GUI. This is exactly what OpenELEC test builds on RPi do, using a very simple h264 video player.

I'm trying to adapt this idea to a Linux Kodi build (EmBer) and I notice that that ROM directly writes a looped animation to the framebuffer (see shell code below). From what I can tell, the file (bootanimation.tgz) is a series of png's lzop'ed into parts and compressed into a .tgz archive. I couldn't figure out how to rebuild this structure - it seems to be different than the standard Android boot animation.

Has anyone out there done a Linux Kodi bootanimation before?

Code:
BOOTANIMATION=/usr/share/xbmc/media/bootanimation.txz
for i in $(tar -xJf $BOOTANIMATION exec -O); do tar -xJf $BOOTANIMATION $i --to-command='lzopcat' > /dev/fb0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36