Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin Customization Feedback Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've been working on an update for a mod i did on the pmiii skin, which added infolabels to the dialog button menu(right thumbstick click), so you can check weather, time, system stats just by clicking the right thumbstick --> original x-scene post.

in the midst of updating to work with current builds i decided to add a button scroller for navigating windows and adding shortcut buttons for bookmarks, scripts, etc., partly inspired by slumberpods remix project. also i added 4 rss feeds that can be turned on/off.

the mod works by clicking the right thumbstick, which brings up the button menu, nav buttonscroller, rss feeds, and infolablels. you can switch between the buttonmenu and button scroller by pressing up/down on the d-pad. installing the mod is rather simple, since one just needs to ftp the customized dialogbuttonmenu.xml, rss.xml, and some images. however, the only thing a novice may find a little daunting is editing the dialogbuttonmenu.xml to get the shortcuts to work, though with a well written tut, it should'nt be hard to achieve.

here's a link to a demo video to give a better idea on how it functions --> link 6mb stream, .wmv format.

i'm basically just looking for feedback on whether or not this is a worthwhile implementation to release, or if it may conflict with future builds. that way, if the feedback is negative, then i at least wouldn't have wasted time packaging it for download, writing a tut, etc..

thanks in advance for any feedback.
everything is worth while but the only think i like about it is the button scroller at the bottom as a quick way to get between the main windows the rest just looks a little out of place and not asthetically pleasing enough to me.

but i'm sure hundreds of other people will just love it.
as for conflict with new build well the way xbmc goes you can never tell Smile
yay, i inspired something Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:everything is worth while but the only think i like about it is the button scroller at the bottom as a quick way to get between the main windows the rest just looks a little out of place and not asthetically pleasing enough to me.

but i'm sure hundreds of other people will just love it.
as for conflict with new build well the way xbmc goes you can never tell Smile
Thanks for the reply. I must agree the labels are a bit bland, so I think I'll give the option to turn them off, should someone dislike the labels, but likes the buttonscroller.

Btw, I think the video link I posted died. Cant understand why. The vid is hosted on my Comcast account, and other vids I have there are streaming fine. Must be on Comcasts end.
I also think that anything that requires the user to edit the xml files before they work properly is a bad idea too. I always go on the assumption that the end user is a computer illiterate person and has no clue.
hehe thus my Remix project ;P