Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weather Labels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an updated list of weather labels (and or images/slideshows) anywhere?

In OzWeather I use ones that date back to your first weather addon @ronie , IIRC. Seems things have changed and I am keen for my addon to work as well as it can with all skins.

Or should one wade through the current 'default' weather addon (is there one - openweathermap maybe?)

Thanks!
(2014-11-26, 05:50)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an updated list of weather labels (and or images/slideshows) anywhere?

In OzWeather I use ones that date back to your first weather addon @ronie , IIRC. Seems things have changed and I am keen for my addon to work as well as it can with all skins.

Or should one wade through the current 'default' weather addon (is there one - openweathermap maybe?)

Thanks!

there really isn't an 'official' list of weather labels.

when i made the wunderground addon, i tried to stick as closely as possible to what the weather.com addon was using at the time.
same with openweathermap, again i tried to keep it as closely as possible to what wunderground was using.

no doubt there's no 100% overlap between the two, as some weather properties are simple not provided by openweathermap.
or the other way around, openweathermap provides some info that wunderground didn't provide.

if you need a list of what labels openweathermap provides, there's no need to wade through anything ;-)
the openweathermap addon contains a README with all needed info:
https://github.com/ronie/weather.openwea...README.txt

apart from that, it might be more useful to check which labels are actually used in confluence i think...
@ronie - that's great, thanks!

I don't have any issues with Confluence (Kodi), that's all using your older style labels I believe - it's jsut some users use Aeon Nox etc. and that seems not to use these 'standard' labels.
@ronie

can you tell me a bit more about the use of these ones:

MAP [1-5]
---------
Map.IsFetched
Map.%i.Area
Map.%i.Layer
Map.%i.Heading
Map.%i.Legend

....I build a directory of PNGs with all the radar images, and this is overlayed on to the legend, header etc in my skin file (basically I lay out these things then there is a multi image that is the actual radar loop).

Perhaps I can bring my addon more in line with your for better/easier compatibility??