Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Helix library scanning: skipping directories on ExFat disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
No worries Smile Unfortunately i am not able to reproduce it on my MBP. All my episodes were picked up as intended. You've tried to start completely fresh yet?
(2014-11-27, 12:13)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]No worries Smile Unfortunately i am not able to reproduce it on my MBP. All my episodes were picked up as intended. You've tried to start completely fresh yet?

Are you on 10.10.1 too? Oh Apple, oh me, when will I learn to wait for .3 releases to upgrade...

By starting completely fresh you mean removing the entire userdata folder, don't you? Will do when I have the time...

(2014-11-26, 19:02)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]The re-scan after remove is another issue related to a missing pathhash invalidation. Sounds like the new OSX release is handling the ctime/mtime stuff differently. The VideoInfoDialog is emptying the path hash, hence it scans fine. Will investigate.

But when I do I'd like to test as systematically as possible. So just to clarify, do you mean that there may be two separate issues involved?
If so I should keep a couple of episodes out of the main TV folder to test incrementally...

Thank you very much!
(2014-11-27, 12:46)juramusger Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on 10.10.1 too? Oh Apple, oh me, when will I learn to wait for .3 releases to upgrade...

Yes, i am on 10.10.1 but with no issues.

(2014-11-27, 12:46)juramusger Wrote: [ -> ]By starting completely fresh you mean removing the entire userdata folder, don't you? Will do when I have the time...

Exactly. Just be sure the root issue is not somewhere in the .db and/or media sources.

(2014-11-27, 12:46)juramusger Wrote: [ -> ]But when I do I'd like to test as systematically as possible. So just to clarify, do you mean that there may be two separate issues involved?
If so I should keep a couple of episodes out of the main TV folder to test incrementally...

Well, I don't think there are separate issues involved. To be on the safe side, you should just keep back some episodes to manually increment them while testing instead of removing them from the UI. That way the "possible" path hash invalidation issue is not triggered. The hash issue will be addressed right after Helix. As it's there for ages it makes no sense to risk yet another regression at this point of the release cycle.
Hey guys!

I+m having the exakt same issue if I´m not understanding something wrong. Kodi will go through my "/Movies"-folder and import new movies into the library but will not check through my "/Series"-folder for new episodes. Both folders are on the same external hard drive.

This stopped working a while ago (can´t really say when) and I have tried different nightlies and now even the new RC version of Kodi with no luck. Tried deleting MyVideosXX.db and rebuilt the entire library but the same happens when I put a new episode into my folder. "Update library" and "Scan for new content" won´t work. No new episodes are shown in the library.

I have tried going into the "Files"-section from inside Kodi and browsed through my folder to the new episode. Pressing the "information"-button will make Kodi scrape properly for the new episodes information and add that episode to the library. I have to do this for all my episodes one by one. This method seems to work but it is really frustrating that the auto importing of new files is not working.

I´m on the latest OS X and Kodi RC2.

Any suggestions?
Seeing the same issue. I'm also running 10.10.1 and Helix nighties.

The workaround mentored in the post above works, but is tedious - Go to tv show info for each show and refresh info.
Update:

Kodi final and the issue persists.

I also trashed the whole userdata folder (actually the whole Kodi folder in Library/Application Support, just to be sure) and the result was the same.

It is really strange that it works without issues for some of us and doesn't for others.

Please tell me if you want me to run specific tests, I have kept a couple of episodes in a separate folder for that purpose...
I am having what I feel is the same problem although I'm on the release version of Helix 14.0

System:
Mac Mini running OS X Mavericks 10.9
TV Shows and Movies on external HDD formatted as exFat

TV Shows directory and file structure as:

/Volumes/externalHDD/TV Shows/{showname}/{Season ##}/{showname} - S##_E##.{ext}
Real Sample:
"/Volumes/externalHDD/TV Shows/The Mentalist/Season 07/The Mentalist - S07_E01.mp4"

Previously running Frodo with no problems at all.

I updated to Kodi Helix. Fresh install by moving Frodo application to trash and also "/Users/{myuser}/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/" to the trash and also the log files in /Log.
No error on install. Re-added new sources my Movies and TV Shows. TV Shows scraper set to the TVDB. On add all shows and episodes scrape correctly without error.

So now the system is at a point where all shows have been successfully added and scraped. Show details/posters/fanart all working great, no issues.
A new episode comes out and I rename it to the proper format and add it to the correct directory location. This is done with an automatic script.

Open Kodi and new show does not populate under recent episodes. Going to library and show folder does not display either. File is listed in the File menu. I make sure under settings that 'Scan on open' is set. Close and re-open Kodi. No change.
Google and try:
creating advancedsettings.xml and adding a regex pattern for my shows. No change so nuke advancedsettings.xml
nuking Kodi and re-installing and re-adding sources. No change.
Turned on debugging and find that on startup full library scan the show folder is "Skipping" due to no change.
Go to library and do manual scan at the top level. Still "Skipping"
Go to library -> show folder and do manual scan. This time new file is found and show successfully scrapped.

Nuke Helix and blow away all remnant. Download the dev build 14.1 to see if bug has been fixed.
Do all same as above and issue persists.
Nuke Helix and blow away all remnant. Download Gotham and install.
Remove an episode file from a season (as a test)
Re-add all sources. All scan perfectly fine.
Exit Gotham
Manually copy the test episode to the correct folder and re-open Gotham.
New episode correctly found and scrapped. Shows up in recently added. All is perfect.

I'm now running Gotham as this is the most recent version I can get to function correctly. I'm not sure what the error is, why the scrapper is skipping shows, not detecting a change and thus not engaging the scrape sequence with Helix.
Would love to run Kodi, as it does appear to bring some good improvements.
Logging my experience here in hopes that it will help the amazing Devs find a solution.
I'm having the same issue. It doesn't pick up some episodes on some shows, while it picks up others. I didn't have this issue in Gotham.

It doesn't work with update library or scan for new content, you have to manually look up the information for an episode and it will pick it up. Really weird.

Also the Watchdog addon is incompatible with the way subtitles are supported from Gotham and on, which is really unfortunate. You are left with having to choose between manual updates or subtitles (I go with subtitles), but it's really a shame.

I have Kodi on a Win8 machine and my media in an unraid server if it's relevant.
(2015-01-20, 07:18)crazygambit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same issue. It doesn't pick up some episodes on some shows, while it picks up others. I didn't have this issue in Gotham.

I have Kodi on a Win8 machine and my media in an unraid server if it's relevant.

Huh, so it may not be related to OS X or a specific version thereof after all. But maybe this is premature, we don't really know if it's the same issue. Could you provide a debug log?

If it turns out to be the same problem:
Do the moderators/developers want me to change the title again? Do you maybe want to move the thread to the general help and support forum?
Guys, please try a recent nightly build and report back. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/. In order to make sure the scanner is really picking up new items, please invalidate the content settings of the specific paths by setting the content to None or start fresh with a new video library.
(2015-01-20, 09:45)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, please try a recent nightly build and report back. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/. In order to make sure the scanner is really picking up new items, please invalidate the content settings of the specific paths by setting the content to None or start fresh with a new video library.

Thank you for working with us!

Today I finally found the time to try nightlies. Unfortunately this did not get me anywhere, I tried the last 3 of them (47d0fc7, c91696a, 664b519) and all of them crashed on me somewhere on the way to even adding sources. (I always started completely fresh, removing the whole Kodi folder in Application Support, and I also always tried several times with the same build in order to make sure it's not just crashing the first time.) That's just too many for me to keep on trying.
I get that they are nightlies and this is not supposed to be a rant, I'm just saying that I feel unable to further test along these lines.
I'll happily be back when 14.1 enters beta status and will try again, providing logs and testing different scenarios.

Thank you, mkortstiege, see you soon!

Edit: Tried the 01dc700-fixosxvsyncbp build posted by Memphiz in these forums and while this doesn't crash it also doesn't differ regarding the directory skipping. I suppose this is because whatever changed in scanning has not been merged in this build, but if it has then this is my result.
without you providing the crash reports nothing will change for you (as its not crashing for others and is definitly not a generic problem - i can't fix crashes that i don't see)
Jep, hard to fix something that's not reproducible ..
ok, ok, here are some of the crash reports:

http://pastebin.com/3zZNM2ki
http://pastebin.com/eKqwdUV3
http://pastebin.com/5rM0x54C

sorry for not doing it immediately...
thx Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4