Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best music scraper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which scrapers are the best ones to scrape (covers, fanart, images, info) all kind of music files, e.g. flac, mp3, ape, wav?
As long as your music is tagged correctly (I use Picard) XBMC will scrape all the images perfectly. At least that's always been my experience, but I'm meticulous with my tagging.
Thank you, clubwerks,

Hmmm, but wav files do not have such tags, I guess, not sure about ape. So it would not be enough to have a naming scheme of the album folder like "Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Tropical Gangsters (1982)".

I will have a look at Picard.

Many thanks again.

I see, it is a tagger, not a music scraper...well.
I think Kodi can read ID3v2 tags in WAV files.

scott s.
And you can tag ape files.
Alright, that sounds very good, thank you very much.

I am wondering which music scraper could be good to automatically scrape all of my albums.

Many thanks again.
Currently there is no Music Scraper, however, there is an alpha Music Scraper call Symphony, see this post...http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=159323&page=13.
You can use the "universal artist scraper" or the "audioDB" scraper (think i did have better results with the UAS.)

You have to do the scraping twice, after adding your Music to the DB. Once in artist view (contextmenu) and once in Album view (contextmenu).

Once this is done, you can toggle the setting "download additional information during updates" (system -> Music -> Library). To automate the scraping prozess during library refreshes.
(2014-11-29, 06:37)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the "universal artist scraper" or the "audioDB" scraper (think i did have better results with the UAS.)

You have to do the scraping twice, after adding your Music to the DB. Once in artist view (contextmenu) and once in Album view (contextmenu).

Once this is done, you can toggle the setting "download additional information during updates" (system -> Music -> Library). To automate the scraping prozess during library refreshes.

There's absolutely no need to scrape the music library twice at all. Add a source for music via the "Files" submenu, then right click on that source, and "Scan Item To Library". It will update the artist and album info in the same pass, as each artist/album is parsed. It will however take significantly longer to scrape the content if "Download Additional Information During Updates" from the Music settings section is enabled prior to adding (and scraping) any sources. Conversely, the initial scraping will be faster with this turned off, but updates will take longer if it's enabled later. Pick your poison.

Once the initial scan is complete, switch modes from "Files Mode" to "Library Mode" and pick your desired viewtype (Albums / Artists / etc.).
No notification e-mails for the posts before, sorry.

I use the UAS. It works well, but scraping lasts very long like it does with the movie scraper.

Many thanks.