Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced automatic shutdown schemes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a addon or something to schedule shutdown xbmc/kodi.
I know there is an idle shutdown option somewhere in the menu's but it is not what I am looking for. My machine goes on everyday at 18:30 because xbmc/kodi handles my live tv recordings. Sometimes (mostly on weekends) there isn't a recording scheduled for 20:30 so with a idle timer of 120 minutes the system shuts down when I need it.

Also if I say that on 23:00 everyday the system needs to shutdown I have problems in the weekend. Also it is kind of nasty if you are watching something which ends just after 23:00 the system shuts down! Sad

Is there something to customize these things?
So you want to shedule a shutdown even if you donĀ“t know exactly when the system is needed and when not? Does this makes sense?
Not sure there is an addon that would handle this, i use HomeSeer for home automation and its capable of this with a few 3rd party plugins.
Can be overkill though if you have no other Home Automation going on
Haha. Maybe my description is a little vague.

I would like to have my system always off between (lets say) 1:00 and 18:30 everyday (except weekends, that should be another timespan).

It automatically powers on at 18:30, there are two options:
1. I use it and watch things (system isn't idle). It should shutdown when I am finished watching (or when the system isn't recording anything).
2. I don't use it and it's only on because of scheduled recordings on tvheadend. The system can (if not recording) shutdown around 23:00.

In both situations the automatic shutdown timer (with a max of 120 minutes) isn't sufficient in both situations. The reason I want this is to save some energy. I find that the system is always on and because it's located out of sight the off button isn't used so much.
I have been looking for the same thing. I just googled my way to a windows application - Switch Off by Airytec. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it seems able to do what you are looking for. Will try it myself shortly :-)
I am on OpenELEC so I don't have any options for Windows software. It should be Linux commands with a XBMC frontend (addon).