Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with warning in log file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an easy way to track down what is causing this in my log file?
This is all it say's in the log and I can't figure out where it is coming from.
It happens when loading a WindowXML file from an addon.
Anyone got any pointers as to how to track down the culprit? Thanks.

07:01:05 T:2296 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
07:01:05 T:7004 WARNING: Previous line repeats 7 times.
(2014-11-27, 17:08)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an easy way to track down what is causing this in my log file?

probably a button inside focused/itemlayout.
(2014-11-27, 17:15)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:08)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an easy way to track down what is causing this in my log file?

BAMM!! You nailed it...Thanks.

Don't suppose there is any way to supress the warning and keep the buttons in the lists is there? I use them in the list for onfocus triggers.
(2014-11-27, 17:38)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:15)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't suppose there is any way to supress the warning and keep the buttons in the lists is there? I use them in the list for onfocus triggers.

Probably not. Doing stuff with onfocus trigger should not be done, better use a fake button to control the list.
(2014-11-27, 17:42)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:38)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:15)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]probably a button inside focused/itemlayout.

Probably not. Doing stuff with onfocus trigger should not be done, better use a fake button to control the list.

I'm using fake buttons to control the lists. The problem i was having and why I put the buttons in the list was because once in a while the focus was going to the list itself instead of the fake button that controls the list,. I had the onfocus button in the list to push the focus back to the fake button. I couldn't figure out why sometimes that would happen, Any ideas?
(2014-11-27, 17:51)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:42)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:38)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]BAMM!! You nailed it...Thanks.

I'm using fake buttons to control the lists. The problem i was having and why I put the buttons in the list was because once in a while the focus was going to the list itself instead of the fake button that controls the list,. I had the onfocus button in the list to push the focus back to the fake button. I couldn't figure out why sometimes that would happen, Any ideas?

Not without havin a closer look. Shouldnt happen under normal circumstances.
(2014-11-27, 17:57)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:51)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 17:42)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not. Doing stuff with onfocus trigger should not be done, better use a fake button to control the list.

Not without havin a closer look. Shouldnt happen under normal circumstances.
If it helps... It only loses focus if using a mouse wheel to scroll. If I use an arrow key to focus to the fake button and
arrow left or right it keeps focus. It also keeps focus If I hover the mouse over the fake button. As soon as I use the scroll wheel it loses focus on the fake button and the focus goes to the list itself. hmmm... weird.

[EDIT] Solved it by putting the onfocus inside of my WindowXML code.

PHP Code:
def onFocus(selfcontrolID):
        if 
controlID == list1 or controlID == list2 or controlID == list3:

xbmc.executebuiltin"Control.SetFocus(fakebutton)"