Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc takes up full screen, video output in top left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

When I am watching anything on xbmc the video only shows in the top left corner of the screen. This is not a issue with the \ key as that minimises the whole app. My display for browsing menus etc is fine but the screen displaying the video appears in the top left.

Any ideas anyoneHuh
What output is your TV using? 1080p?
There's a bug with the current release at non-1080p resolutions...
Try SPMC and see if that works better for you? (The fix is included in it ; along with some other goodies).
My TV is 1080 but the display mode in video output settings is locked to windowed and resolution is stuck at 1280x720p. I thought this might be the issue but I can't find how to unlock that!

Not sure what you mean by try SPMC?
(2014-11-30, 12:02)Stehatt Wrote: [ -> ]My TV is 1080 but the display mode in video output settings is locked to windowed and resolution is stuck at 1280x720p. I thought this might be the issue but I can't find how to unlock that!

Not sure what you mean by try SPMC?

That's almost certainly the issue...

Try with SPMC and see if it's resolved - just a few threads below this one:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201783
Absolute hero!

Thank you!!
(2014-11-30, 12:28)Stehatt Wrote: [ -> ]Absolute hero!

Thank you!!

@Koying is the actual hero (the legendary Team-Kodi mastermind behind SPMC); but very glad you're sorted regardless!
This didn't correct my issue. We too are stuck in windowed mode, installed spmc yet still showing in top left of screen.