Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi with USB HDD problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I hope this isn't a stupid question. I have had an XBMC box setup for many years. I have a NAS with movies and TV Programs etc which is accessed from my XBMC box via smb and all works well.

This week I bought a Raspberry pi and installed Raspbmc. I then bought a 2Tb USB HDD and copied some movies and TV programs to it for my Nephew to take to university.

The problem I have is that when I selected my Movies directory and my TV directory on the original box I got two new main menu items, 'movies' and 'TV Programs' and selecting them displays the list of items with fan art etc.

However, I can't setup the Pi in the same way it seems because I can't access the USB HDD from the select source network settings so I can only view it as a hard disc from the file manager.

Am I missing something here or being stupid because I can't find a way to setup the Movies and TV progs on the Pi with a local USB drive as I have with my NAS.

Thanks,

Kirkbybil
It should work just as you expected it to. Any USB HDDs plugged into the USB port of the Pi should show up under Videos -> Files, where you should be able to set their content and scan them into the library.

Maybe try it with OpenELEC (wiki) on the Pi and see if it works there.
Hi, Thanks, finally got t to work!