Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Macmini how to launch Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am using Macmini Yousemity, Harmony One + Flirc and Kodi RC1. Everything works fine, but I dont know how to lunch Kodi by my RC. In settings I have remote Harmony and option Start Kodi by RC is able. But it is not working. Is it possibility in iOS to start some application by pressing some key like F10 or some? Or can somebody help me to set it up?

Thx very much Ales
disable and enable the "allow remote to start kodi" option (or what it is called)...
I did, and still the same. No work Sad. HOME button should do that?
You are using Firc, can do almost anything. If you allocate a key to launch Kodi in keyboard shortcuts, then just map it to the remote....thats if indeed Memphiz's solution doesn't work of you.
Yes, and this is the problem. on iOSX I am not ably to allocate a key for launch the application on keyboard Sad. I made a lot of experiments but....no. I know that I can for example F13 start the application and than put F13 to some button on my RC learn FLIRC to do that. But when I press F13 on keyboard do nothing, so the RC as well Sad
Ok, lots of ways to do this.

Create a simple applescript or service using Automator example.,

Code:
tell application "Kodi"
        activate
    end tell
Use the services menu in keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences to assign it a key eg. F13.

If you cannot achieve this then you can apps such as Keyboard Maestro or Apptivate etc.
There is another tutorial here http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...-mac-31463
(2014-12-02, 13:38)activate Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, lots of ways to do this.

Create a simple applescript or service using Automator example.,

Code:
tell application "Kodi"
        activate
    end tell
Use the services menu in keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences to assign it a key eg. F13.

If you cannot achieve this then you can apps such as Keyboard Maestro or Apptivate etc.
There is another tutorial here http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...-mac-31463

Thx it is works Smile