Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android Menu Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Newbie to Kodi and liking it a lot, however....

What I would like to do is simple: play movies and listen to music on my Android phone, from a Windows network share, using Kodi.

I have already achieved this - great!

BUT, the icons on the Android phone, to control menus - and functions like 'play', 'stop' etc are sooooo small, i'm going blind ;-(

So, is there any way to increase the size of the control buttons? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII - so not very big, but running Kodi on this device is a real strain on the old eyeballs.

I would appreciate any help available - even if it's just to tell me it's User Error :-)
Does your home screen look like this:

Default Confluence skin.

or this:

Re-Touched skin
Hi JJD, blimey that was quick!

I'm using the default Confluence skin....does your question imply that the Re-Touched skin is easier to use on a small screen? I know how to change it so can try that one - but I have seen some screen shots of this, and the buttons still look tiny...

Cheers for your help.
skins are only useful on 7"or above. There is simply no skin for phones(yet)
Hi Martijn, ok - I was wondering if it was something like that...

That's a shame, as otherwise Kodi is looking really good - even though it's a strain to use on a Galaxy SIII - I might still use it as it simplifies watching movies and playing music etc.
However Re-Touched will be a damned sight better on a small screen than Confluence as being touch orientated it naturally has bigger gui elements.

See here for how to change Appearance#Skin (wiki)