Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Volume: Passthrough Audio in use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've googled this for a fix and searched the forums but just can't seem to find an answer. I have an HTPC connected to a Sony receiver connected to a projector. When I first set it up everything worked great, but now I get a persistent notification in the top left that says: "Volume: Passthrough Audio in use".

I am well aware that passthrough audio is in use, but how do I make the notification go away?

TIA
sounds like you have a cat sitting on some controller, a joystick out of deadzone, or the likes. something is sending constant volume adjustment commands.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, and so quickly too! It wasn't a cat or my wireless keyboard/mouse, my wife plugged our PS4 controller into the HTPC to charge it and even though it was sitting there not being touched I guess it was sending volume commands like you said. I unplugged the controller, restarted, and problem solved!
... However, the volume icon with an X is persistent now in the top right corner.
heh, now it's muted. hit.. uhm, i think it's f8 or thereabuot.
...or + to increase volume
which will be completely ignored with passthrough.
He asked to how to get rid of the mute icon, and hitting + will also do that is what I meant, I did not mean that it would have any affect on passthrough volume.
i get what you meant. the problem is that if passthrough is enabled (as in active), the dialog preempts any adjustments to the volume level. judging from the OP he is running with transcoding, i.e, it's always passthrough'ing. if this is a wrong assumption, he can just stop playback and do as you say indeed.
Ah ok think I'm with you now, you meant as in something is currently playing using passthrough it won't do anything, sorry wasn't clear enough that Kodi needs to be while sat in the GUI or playing back non-passthrough audio such as mp3/flac. I only offered it as an alternative in case a keyboard is not to hand and volume control on a remote might be (as there might not be a mapped mute button on remote).
well, basically. the thing is if you run with transcoding and keepalive, you'd constantly be running in passthrough, even in menus. it was the only way the 'persistent' makes sense. i might have over-analyzed a bit based on sparse information...