Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie sources and scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just setup Kodi on a chromebox and I love it, however I had some issues setting up a source for my movies on my NAS. The first source I setup could not connect but I added it anyway by mistake. The second source I added was a 'network source' and it worked, but the scraper only found 7 movies and no others. The third source I added via SMB worked and it found 11 more movies and no more, I have a lot more movies then 17. When I force an update now, it only scans for TV content. How can I remove the other two sources so I just have the SMB source?

Thanks

AM
Go to videos and then select "files". Then navigate to the sourrce you want to delete and press "c" on your keyboard to bring up the context menu. There you will find an option to delete the source.

With your problem not scraping all your movies, it would be best if you provide a Debug Log on pastebin.com and post the url in here while trying to scrape. So we will see which OS you are using, which version of kodi is installed an which of the movies is not added. In most cases its a incorrect naming or a bad folder structure. But we will see.

Greetings
What movies and TV shows Kodi can find depends on how you have structured your directories (in part) and name your media files.

I place my movie BD rips into a directory called BluRay, my movie DVD rips into a diectory called DVD and my series DVD rips into a directory called DVD series.
Then when i add a sources to Kodi, i can specifie the BluRay or DVD directory, both of which i would specify contain "movies" and as such i will use the default movie scraper for "themoviedb.org".
Or i specify "DVD series" as a source which i would specify contains "TV shows" and used the default scraper for "thtvdb.org".
(Obviosly the fact you must specify the contents of a source implies you can't mix movies and tv shows in the same directory).
For the scraper to be able to find the movie within "themoviedb.org" you must use the correct directory and file naming convention.
My movies are all named "title (year).kmv" and my TV series are all names "series name SxEx - episode name.mkv" (where Sx is the season number, eg. S3 and Ex is the episode number, eg. E4).

See my post here for some links to the wiki.
It may be of help, or not :?

Note that at the moment i use a few USB HDDs with the same directory structures so my sources are added with source names like "HDD1 BluRays", "HDD1 DVDs", "HDD1 DVD series", "HDD2 BluRays", etc.
Obviously i need to update to a NAS where adding capacity will not impact Kodi as i will not have to add new sources from new HDD's as i do now.
It will simply be a NAS thing where i simply insert HDDs which seamlessly increases capacity of the HDD pool with no change to "sources" as far as Kodi is concerned...

Cheers.
Quote:Obviously i need to update to a NAS where adding capacity will not impact Kodi as i will not have to add new sources from new HDD's as i do now.
It will simply be a NAS thing where i simply insert HDDs which seamlessly increases capacity of the HDD pool with no change to "sources" as far as Kodi is concerned...

so you want to setup your NAS as a JBOD?