Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Filtering artists in Music Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm wondering if there is any way to exlcude artits from music library.

This is the situation: I have a single folder, with a single album with 30 discs on it, all of them of classical music. So there are a lot of different artists but each disc has a single artist, so I'm not able to filter them by exclude "various artits" through the configuration.

The proper solution should be excluding a path from the artists list, but not from the library, since I still want to access that songs by browsing its genre (classical), or by browing albums. So, I only want the artists not displayed when browsing the library by artist.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot
You won't be able to have an Artist view subset like that. You might try a smart playlist.

What I would do is change all artist tags to the same thing, and include the actual artist name in the song title and/or filename.
Thanks for your answer whitebelly.

I dont like messing with tags, I always keep them as accurate as possible, that's why I was thinking in a solution involving some kind of filtering or exclusion from the library.

But for the moment, I will try something using your suggestion.