Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 1.x for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-13, 20:03)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]I have issue that always the default list view is shown
I select panel view but when we I enter again the list view is shown
I'm assuming you're talking about the skin setting that provides an icon view for the favorites window? First I've heard of this, will look into it.
(2015-01-13, 20:21)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-13, 20:03)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]I have issue that always the default list view is shown
I select panel view but when we I enter again the list view is shown
I'm assuming you're talking about the skin setting that provides an icon view for the favorites window? First I've heard of this, will look into it.

Sorry, I´m not talking about favs. I´m talking when you are inside an addon / video section / music, etc. when you set a view to use "panel" the next time you enter the same location the "list" view is shown again.

Best way to describe it is in Youtube addon. I enter Youtube and I like to select panel view because is almost the same as Youtube.vom/tv design. But every time I enter a section or visit again one I have to select "panel" view again.
(2015-01-13, 22:11)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I´m not talking about favs. I´m talking when you are inside an addon / video section / music, etc. when you set a view to use "panel" the next time you enter the same location the "list" view is shown again.

Best way to describe it is in Youtube addon. I enter Youtube and I like to select panel view because is almost the same as Youtube.vom/tv design. But every time I enter a section or visit again one I have to select "panel" view again.

Ah, ok. Kodi remembers the views, as far as I know this isn't something skins have any control over. Will test tonight.
First off, I want to say that I love this skin - such a great mix between Aeon Nox & reFocus - the last two skins I was using before Mimic. Thank you so much! I have a couple questions / suggestions, however. Pretty much just nit-picking, but they'd make this the perfect skin for me.

- In List view for movies, could you add the year of the movie to the list? Perhaps before the genre?
- Could there be an option to turn off studio flags without switching to slim list? I love the amount of space each item takes in full list mode, but don't really care to see the studio logos.
- Could there also be an option to disable the "HD" flag to the left of the rating in list view?
- Would you consider using reFocus' sounds? The current sounds are from Aeon Nox, right?
- Lastly, how would you feel about making a darker "grey" theme, or a "black-grey"? The grey looks, to me, just a bit too washed out.

Again, I love this skin & will continue using it either way, but just wanted to throw some thoughts/questions out in case you agree and would want to integrate them. Thanks again for making such a great skin - cheers!
(2015-01-14, 01:11)gabestover Wrote: [ -> ]First off, I want to say that I love this skin - such a great mix between Aeon Nox & reFocus - the last two skins I was using before Mimic. Thank you so much! I have a couple questions / suggestions, however. Pretty much just nit-picking, but they'd make this the perfect skin for me.

- In List view for movies, could you add the year of the movie to the list? Perhaps before the genre?
- Could there be an option to turn off studio flags without switching to slim list? I love the amount of space each item takes in full list mode, but don't really care to see the studio logos.
- Could there also be an option to disable the "HD" flag to the left of the rating in list view?
- Would you consider using reFocus' sounds? The current sounds are from Aeon Nox, right?
- Lastly, how would you feel about making a darker "grey" theme, or a "black-grey"? The grey looks, to me, just a bit too washed out.

Again, I love this skin & will continue using it either way, but just wanted to throw some thoughts/questions out in case you agree and would want to integrate them. Thanks again for making such a great skin - cheers!

Thanks!

List view year - will look into this.

Studio flags - something would have to replace them, in order to fit in with the rest of the list views. Would you rather have the poster displayed there?

HD flag - although I don't personally care for the HD/SD flags, I'm inclined to leave them.

Sounds - I've never actually heard either set of sounds, as that's the first thing I turn off. Smile This is something you can easily mod yourself if you prefer other sounds.

Themes - you can get exactly the look you want by editing one of the colors/*.xml files. The background tag is the one with the "grey" color. Trial and error is how I created all of the themes.
(2015-01-14, 02:53)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-14, 01:11)gabestover Wrote: [ -> ]First off, I want to say that I love this skin - such a great mix between Aeon Nox & reFocus - the last two skins I was using before Mimic. Thank you so much! I have a couple questions / suggestions, however. Pretty much just nit-picking, but they'd make this the perfect skin for me.

Thanks!

List view year - will look into this.

Studio flags - something would have to replace them, in order to fit in with the rest of the list views. Would you rather have the poster displayed there?

HD flag - although I don't personally care for the HD/SD flags, I'm inclined to leave them.

Sounds - I've never actually heard either set of sounds, as that's the first thing I turn off. Smile This is something you can easily mod yourself if you prefer other sounds.

Themes - you can get exactly the look you want by editing one of the colors/*.xml files. The background tag is the one with the "grey" color. Trial and error is how I created all of the themes.

Thanks for the quick response!

-The lack of showing years of movies on list view was my biggest "issue" (if you could even call it that), so great to hear you'll look into it.

-HD flags, totally understandable. I was hoping for a toggle, but I'm sure I can figure out how to remove that from the list views for myself.

-For studio flags, I was thinking of an across the board switch yes/no for both movies & TV. On, it'd stay just as it is, and off it'd just remove them all and move the lines left a bit. I think if they were replaced with movie posters, they might be too small to really make out, and would be doubled up with the "full size" movie poster to its right. No big deal either way, but out of the two, I'd prefer to keep studio logos.

-Hah, that's great! I set mine to be off during playback. My girlfriend's biggest pet peeve with Aeon Nox was its sounds, so I've got Mimic's replaced w/ reFocus's presently.

-Theme-wise, that's pretty much what I had planned on doing. Once I get one or two that look decent, I'd be happy to send them to you to include if you'd want.

Thanks again! Looks like I need to start playing around with some xmls Smile

Cheers!
(2015-01-14, 03:41)gabestover Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like I need to start playing around with some xmls

Yep, if you want to customize a skin, got to get your hands dirty. Big Grin
(2015-01-13, 16:18)djstallion Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really not good in graphics, but I made a new APE flag for Mimic. I think this looks far better than current one:

This is screenshot from skin, You can download flag with transparent background from here: http://www.upload.ee/files/4461261/ape.png.zip.html

Tried downloading, says file is corrupted.
(2015-01-14, 05:44)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-13, 16:18)djstallion Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really not good in graphics, but I made a new APE flag for Mimic. I think this looks far better than current one:

This is screenshot from skin, You can download flag with transparent background from here: http://www.upload.ee/files/4461261/ape.png.zip.html

Tried downloading, says file is corrupted.
Works great for me. Here is download link without zip: http://www.upload.ee/files/4462798/ape.png.html
(2015-01-11, 19:10)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-11, 12:51)wouterdt Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin!

I have a couple of questions:

Can you make the notifications smaller? I get a lot of notifications from my phone and when watching a movie the popup is pretty big. Maybe the way mq5 has it, a small, screenwide bar.

Not sure what you mean when you say you get a lot of notifications from your phone. Do you mean the notifications that pop up when addons get updated, updating the library, etc? I haven't noticed any pop ups when watching movies.

Yatse remote forwards notifications from my phone to Kodi. So when I get a message on my phone it shows up on screen.
(2015-01-14, 21:20)wouterdt Wrote: [ -> ]Yatse remote forwards notifications from my phone to Kodi. So when I get a message on my phone it shows up on screen.

I can't imagine wanting to see updates from my phone (call, texts, emails) show up in Kodi, regardless of the size of the notification. I'm afraid I will likely leave the notification window as-is.

Though I guess I could make it so notifications aren't displayed at all when a video is playing?
(2015-01-14, 03:41)gabestover Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response!

-The lack of showing years of movies on list view was my biggest "issue" (if you could even call it that), so great to hear you'll look into it.

Year added before genre on the List view for movies. Available on git.
(2015-01-13, 22:11)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I´m not talking about favs. I´m talking when you are inside an addon / video section / music, etc. when you set a view to use "panel" the next time you enter the same location the "list" view is shown again.

I haven't been able to duplicate this. Just tested the Sports Illustrated and NBC Sports addons and both of them remember the viewtype after something other than List has been selected.
Nice skin, man! A choice that takes me away from Aeon Nox.

It's got all the functionality of Nox, with the uniform color palate and fonts of reFocus. I'd love just a little more eye candy, but not at the expense of look of the skin.

One request: a low list viewtype option for the music section. Large collections need more listings in the same amount of space than the existing options provide.
(2015-01-15, 08:27)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice skin, man! A choice that takes me away from Aeon Nox.

It's got all the functionality of Nox, with the uniform color palate and fonts of reFocus. I'd love just a little more eye candy, but not at the expense of look of the skin.

One request: a low list viewtype option for the music section. Large collections need more listings in the same amount of space than the existing options provide.
Thanks! I likely won't be adding lowlist view back, does enabling slimlist display enough items?