Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 1.x for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes fanart is there. I am running openelec if that matters?
(2015-04-04, 02:07)Bigperm Wrote: [ -> ]Yes fanart is there. I am running openelec if that matters?
Hmm, no idea why fanart wouldn't display on the home screen, it should if it's available.
Shows up on home screen with other skins
(2015-04-04, 02:10)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-04, 02:07)Bigperm Wrote: [ -> ]Yes fanart is there. I am running openelec if that matters?
Hmm, no idea why fanart wouldn't display on the home screen, it should if it's available.

Is this a new install of OpenELEC? I had the same issue. You have to go through each of the items in your library so they load into the thumbnail cache. Then they will display.
(2015-04-04, 02:23)htpc guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this a new install of OpenELEC? I had the same issue. You have to go through each of the items in your library so they load into the thumbnail cache. Then they will display.
That reminds me, you can also use the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility to precache your artwork.
(2015-04-04, 01:57)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-04, 01:34)Bigperm Wrote: [ -> ]Is there something i need to turn on to show fanart like in this picture? I just have the default image. Thank you,
Do your movies have fanart in the library views? You can try running Artwork Downloader to add your artwork to the database if it isn't already there.

(2015-04-04, 02:27)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-04, 02:23)htpc guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-04, 02:10)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, no idea why fanart wouldn't display on the home screen, it should if it's available.

That reminds me, you can also use the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility to precache your artwork.

Tried both ways new install and old same result. Tried cache still no images? Tried cubox hardware and PC with openelec and still no fanart on home screen?
Just tested Mimic 1.1.1 on Kodi 14.2 and I can't replicate the issue with missing fanart on the home screen. I'm thinking it's not a skin issue...as already mentioned it is likely because the fanart is not cached or otherwise available.
(2015-04-04, 03:34)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested Mimic 1.1.1 on Kodi 14.2 and I can't replicate the issue with missing fanart on the home screen. I'm thinking it's not a skin issue...as already mentioned it is likely because the fanart is not cached or otherwise available.

What OS are you running Kodi on? Is your library on a remote server?
Making progress I have random backdrop fanart working know, but no covers on home screen. Did you have to change any of the settings to get it working?
I'm running Windows 8.1 and the media are on local usb drives. There are no settings to change...you said you cached the artwork, but did you use the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

See the first option (c, C) for caching missing artwork.
I installed the last version of Kodi a couple of days ago and noticed that the sub menu options for Music, Movies, TV Shows, etc are now gone in Mimic. There's only the banner text about Kodi updates that won't go away.

How can I get this functionality back? I'm running the latest versions of both Kodi and Mimic.
(2015-04-04, 20:06)Snufdehond Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the last version of Kodi a couple of days ago and noticed that the sub menu options for Music, Movies, TV Shows, etc are now gone in Mimic. There's only the banner text about Kodi updates that won't go away.

How can I get this functionality back? I'm running the latest versions of both Kodi and Mimic.

Sounds like the RSS feed is enabled in Settings --> Appearance. Turn that off for submenus to display all the time. Or press down from the main menu to temporarily hide the rss feed and display the submenu.
(2015-04-04, 20:09)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-04, 20:06)Snufdehond Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the last version of Kodi a couple of days ago and noticed that the sub menu options for Music, Movies, TV Shows, etc are now gone in Mimic. There's only the banner text about Kodi updates that won't go away.

Sounds like the RSS feed is enabled in Settings --> Appearance. Turn that off for submenus to display all the time. Or press down from the main menu to temporarily hide the rss feed and display the submenu.

I used to have the RSS feed ticker on and I pressed cursor down to get the submenus. That doesn't work. Turning the RSS feed ticker of leaves the bottom row empty. No sub menus.
(2015-04-04, 20:23)Snufdehond Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-04, 20:09)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

I used to have the RSS feed ticker on and I pressed cursor down to get the submenus. That doesn't work. Turning the RSS feed ticker of leaves the bottom row empty. No sub menus.

I can't replicate that problem here, rss and the submenu seem to be working together fine. You'll need to post a debug log...sounds like it may be an issue with the skinshortcuts script. Do you have it installed and working correctly?
Well, I uninstalled and then reinstalled Mimic and now the submenus are back again. Weird.