Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 1.x for Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Regarding random fanart on the homescreen, is there any way to find out the title/name of the currently shown movie/musician?

Love the skin, amazing work!
(2015-04-06, 15:58)Case Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding random fanart on the homescreen, is there any way to find out the title/name of the currently shown movie/musician?

Love the skin, amazing work!

Yeah, it looks like script.grab.fanart can provide the artist or movie name.

See readme @ https://github.com/robweber/script.grab.fanart

I don't have any plans to add labels to the backgrounds, however, so this is something that would have to be modded.

Sample code given in Aeon Nox thread, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1974985
(2015-04-07, 05:55)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Sample code given in Aeon Nox thread, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1974985
That works, thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
@braz
live tv work ok,with your skin Smile

watch gallery

My mistake,wrong thread ,v2 Smile
Wrong version,test with Kodi 15 alpha2 compiled 24.3.2015 Isengard
(2015-04-17, 21:42)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]@braz
live tv work ok,with your skin Smile
Thanks for testing this. Is this Mimic v1 with Helix or Mimic v2 with Isengard?

I'm only experiencing the issue with Isengard. My backend supplies less artwork, but I'm still confused why the channel logo shows up on the info dialog for everything but Timeline view.
Ive checked every option but how do I get random artwork from TV/Movies to show when I highlight the menu? every menu is of the brown squares.

Thanks!
(2015-04-26, 12:06)DR9x Wrote: [ -> ]Ive checked every option but how do I get random artwork from TV/Movies to show when I highlight the menu? every menu is of the brown squares.

Thanks!

Set menu item backgrounds in Skin Settings > Home window > Setup the main menu > Set item background. You can also setup section backgrounds in Skin Settings > General > Setup background images.
@braz

Loving the new skin 2.0.1 the color customizer is great, one thing, you should give us the option to not use a background, after I changed the option to use colours, I didn't choose a background color and I just loved how transparent everything is, I know a lot of people won't like it because sometimes it's hard to read some words, but it would be great to have the option.

Thanks.

(2015-05-05, 03:37)nikicampos Wrote: [ -> ]@braz

Loving the new skin 2.0.1 the color customizer is great, one thing, you should give us the option to not use a background, after I changed the option to use colours, I didn't choose a background color and I just loved how transparent everything is, I know a lot of people won't like it because sometimes it's hard to read some words, but it would be great to have the option.

Thanks.
Glad you like it, though this is the Mimix 1.x thread. Wink

There is a bug in the Mimic 2.01 repo version, the background overlay isn't supposed to disappear when enabling the color customizer. If you want to disable the background overlay, just install the github version and rename media/background.png. I don't plan on adding an option to do this, I can't imagine text will be very readable without the background overlay.
Maybe its been answered or I'm just dumb and can't find it... but where is the play disc option? For htpc with a DVD or Blu-ray disk drive.

My wife has workout discs she uses. I don't want to burn them to ISO. Simpler for wife to just use her discs.

Thank you.
(2015-05-06, 03:06)rdyott Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe its been answered or I'm just dumb and can't find it... but where is the play disc option? For htpc with a DVD or Blu-ray disk drive.

My wife has workout discs she uses. I don't want to burn them to ISO. Simpler for wife to just use her discs.

Thank you.
Go to Skin Settings > Home window > Setup the main menu. Select the Common > Play DVD option for a menu or submenu item.
Thank you!!!
Just to say that I loved the color customizer option on the skin.....the best skin by far!!!! thank you so much for your effort and continuous improvement.

OSMC on Raspberry Pi B
Hey all, I was just wondering about one thing with this skin. Is there a way to remove the star rating from the music screens? I'm on version 2.1.1 of the skin, and removing those stars would make this perfect for me.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed this the the wrong thread...
2 questions. how does the guy above have a different font and the menu backgrounds to be so transparent? and second is there a way to always display a widget? I love how tv and movies work but would like the weather widget to always show.